Lots of Goliath Grouper on the MG 111 in Jupiter today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportxlh

Contributor
Reaction score
formerly Palm Beach Gardens, FL: now Atlanta
# of dives
500 - 999
Holy smokes, the GG's are definitely aggregating in Jupiter now. We probably saw 60 of them on the MG 111 while out with Jupiter Dive Center. I was fortunate enough to spend almost 20 minutes solo with a smaller school that didn't seem terribly concerned with me: I headed to the pillars before any of the rest of the divers and it took them that long to make their way over from the actual wreck. What a spectacular experience. The photos below are crappy screen grabs from a GoPro Hero II but they'll give you a feel for what we saw.

goliath_grouper_on_mg_111_jdc_aug_15_2015.jpg

goliath_grouper_IX_mg_111_jdc_aug_15_2015.jpg

goliath_grouper_X_on_mg_111_jdc_aug_15_2015.jpg

goliath_grouper_III_on_mg_111_jdc_aug_15_2015.jpg

goliath_grouper_VII_on_mg_111_jdc_aug_15_2015.jpg

Cool pics.
Thanks for sharing Sport.

Chug
Still calls them JEWfish.
Refuses to honor the Champion of the Philistines.

Very cool! Saw a few in Jupiter last week, but not that many. Thanks for sharing!

....We probably saw 60 of them on the MG 111 while out with Jupiter Dive Center....
Viz was much better in shallow than out deep today which was unusual. Great shots and report!!

Thanks for the pics...I went with jdc last weekend with the understanding we were going to do the wrecks but no dice they did the reef instead. I fished today instead and saw y'all out there. Should've dived the fishing sucked!

Yes, probably. I think I was the only one with and external strobe (not that it was needed for these pictures :).

Is this you?

DSC02859_zpslryfs5ym.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom