Love my SeaLife Micro 2.0 w/o lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got back from Cozumel and took some really great pics while there. Somehow I lost the knob that screws the camera onto the light tray - this is the second time this has happened to me on a dive trip - so I decided to try taking all my pics on the "camera only, no lights" setting and see what happens. Most of our days had cloud cover, so not ideal lighting. But my pics turned out spectacular (IMHO). I was also using a macro lens (another $99) and am super happy with the results. Both of the following pics (pike blennie - btw that's the tip of the dive guide's finger on the left side of the picture, for comparison - and sailfin blennie) are zoomed in, but the lighting and color have not been adjusted. It's nice to have a camera that works so well and I don't have to lug around a big rig. Go SeaLife!! All I have to do is be patient and use my very best buoyancy skills!

upload_2018-2-17_15-15-7.png

upload_2018-2-17_15-16-0.png

I used mine for the first time in Cozumel, back in January w/o lights.
I was very happy with it. Have not purchased any lenses.

Great product at a decent price.

@CWK, the lens is called the SeaLife Super Macro Lens and looks to be $99 everywhere I see online. Well worth the price for me. The key is to remember to take it off when using the camera for anything more than about 5” away (yes, I’ve made that mistake too many times).

Thanks for the tip. Really like my Micro set up with small tray, one light arm and single light. It stores on my bc out of the way when not being used. Thought about adding a lens a while back but was to sure it was worth it. May give it a try after reading your posts

Great shots. Thanks for the heads up on the lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom