Low Cost-No Frills -Easy to Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beth_castroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My 10 year old Geo is giving me issues after 136 dives. I never really liked it as the buttons are more complicated than necessary. Time for something new. I’m AOW, Nitrox. My list of requirements:
1. Able to self change battery
2. Large display for those of us who need reading glasses.
3. Back lit.
4. Nitrox
5. Salt and Fresh water options
6. Not too conservative as we only dive Nitrox on second dives aNd don’t want too many alarms if we do something like Blue Hole or Gordo Banks type dives.
7. Wrist mount
8. 300 or less

I do t need WiFi or hook up to pc to view profile.

Any suggestions

mares nemo wide might fit the bill. the menu isn't the most intuitive though.

otherwise, you need to look at a used shearwater predator or petrel, but it might be a tall order to find one for 300

Cressi Leonardo / mares puck pro / aqualung i300c are what you’re looking at in the sub 300 range, unless you want to buy used. I got a used aqualung ProPlus 3 which had super easy readability and air integration via hose for 300 dollars used and you can often find them here for 300-400 used in the classified section.

Look at a Mares Puck Pro - I believe it does everything on your list. I've seen them on sale for as little as $180 - usually $250.

Cressi has 4-5 models under $300 - I don't know much about any of them. I believe Goa is the newest one.

Also there's the Aqualung I300C at $299 - it's a rebranded Oceanic since they bought Pelagic Pressure Systems from AUP a couple years ago.

Look at a Mares Puck Pro - I believe it does everything on your list. I've seen them on sale for as little as $180 - usually $250.

Cressi has 4-5 models under $300 - I don't know much about any of them. I believe Goa is the newest one.

Also there's the Aqualung I300 at $299 - it's a rebranded Oceanic since they bought Pelagic Pressure Systems from AUP a couple years ago.

One of the nice things about the aqualung i300c is it has integrated Bluetooth. If you care about getting your dive logs on your pc or smartphone that’s a nice addition. I bought the i300 without Bluetooth for 180 last year, if you look around you might still find some stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom