LP hose spec etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bazza

New
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Guys ... looking for some info on reg hoses.

We make up our own LP hoses using reusable hose fitting, very much like the ones APD use on their units.

I am looking for two things, one is the specs and suppliers of rolls of standard LP normal reg hose (NOT the yellow Hookha 10mm hose stuff but the 8mm hose) and two a supplier of rolls/lengths of myflex type hose.

Any help would be appreciated ... regards Baz

@cool_hardware52 may be able to assist on that one for the rubber. The braided stuff may be problematic and you'd probably have to make a different fitting for that anyway since the OD of those hoses is a lot smaller.

also, where do you sell your reusable fittings? I'm needing to make a big LP hose purchase and would rather purchase reusable fittings but APD's are wicked expensive

Tbone,

Check with Omniswivel. I have several of their reusable fittings. I keep them in my Save a dive kit in the event I need to "make" a hose in the field. They are not inexpensive, but I wanted redundancy in my kit.

https://www.omniswivel.com/shop/

The reality is you can buy quite a few conventional crimped hoses for the cost of the reusable ends
Tobin

It appears to me that Danicorp is the major supplier of OEM scuba hoses. You could contact them and see if they will help but they do not work with individual dealers let alone individual divers. SAE 100 R6 is the spec that has come up in past discussions but I have been unable to determine if this is what Danicorp or any other major manufacturers actually use. Moreover it is a broad specification for hydraulic hoses and it is possible that not all SAE 100 R6 hoses are suitable for breathing air or underwater use.

Good luck

Tbone,

Check with Omniswivel. I have several of their reusable fittings. I keep them in my Save a dive kit in the event I need to "make" a hose in the field. They are not inexpensive, but I wanted redundancy in my kit.

Products

The reality is you can buy quite a few conventional crimped hoses for the cost of the reusable ends
Tobin

it gets a touch expensive in sidemonut when trying to identify ideal hose lengths though which is part of the driver. Which reminds me, I need to order some LPI hoses from you

No shop that can crimp new fittings for you on the cheap?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom