LP Quick Disconnect on Stage/Deco Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Potential thinking here is for closed circuit lift bag deployment when not diving a dry suit and for redundancy."

Emphasis added. Do you acknowledge the value of being able to plumb offboard gas into your CCR as part of contingency planning as valid reason for why to want a QD?

Regards,
Cameron
Sure. But a closed circuit lift bag isn't the same thing as a closed circuit rebreather, and I don't see value in redundancy in power inflation when you can orally inflate your wing.

Sure. But a closed circuit lift bag isn't the same thing as a closed circuit rebreather, and I don't see value in redundancy in power inflation when you can orally inflate your wing.

Agreed, for that matter OC I don't plumb a power inflator at all unless the situation calls for it. Orally inflating coming off the loop to do so is a little cumbersome though and I do like a redundant qd source.

I've been trying to internet diver style learn the DIR approach as I some of the mindset it helps develops from those I've talked with. I'm much more DWW though.

Cameron

Agreed, for that matter OC I don't plumb a power inflator at all unless the situation calls for it. Orally inflating coming off the loop to do so is a little cumbersome though and I do like a redundant qd source.

I've been trying to internet diver style learn the DIR approach as I some of the mindset it helps develops from those I've talked with. I'm much but DDW though.

Cameron
When I'm shooting a bag on the loop I'll use the wing inflator to do it. Only takes a puff of gas the I plug it back into my wing.

I dive CCR, and have a qd on every bailout tank. Specifically for I can plug these sources into my RB if needed.

On OC I had at least on one tank, as I find unplugging wing, inflating smb and reconnecting more of a management pain, then a spare qd on a slung tank.

DWW

I dive CCR, and have a qd on every bailout tank. Specifically for I can plug these sources into my RB if needed.

On OC I had at least on one tank, as I find unplugging wing, inflating smb and reconnecting more of a management pain, then a spare qd on a slung tank.

DWW
If you're on OC orally inflate.

Unless you dive a rebreather
Or a full face mask.

I have QDs on almost all my regs.

I've done it and it's nbd.

depends on how big a set of lungs you're sporting, from how deep you're shooting, and how much you practice doing it.

i can get a 6' DSMB reasonably close to fully deployed from around 10m/30ft, but it takes a few moments of leaning on it pretty hard to get that much air from your lungs, through the oral inflation valve, and into the bag. wife can get her 6' DSMB close to 2/3s full from 10m/30ft, and no problem to fully inflate from 15m/50ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom