LP Quick Disconnect on Stage/Deco Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shallow hasnt a thing to do with a 6ftsmb, but visibility does..

I don't really get this argument. If you need the visibility only on the surface, inflate it on the surface. If you need it while underwater, don't wait till you're at 10' to shoot it. Shoot it deeper (so you actually have an ascent line and marker visible from the surface for the ascent) or just deal with it once you're surfaced. Coming up with complicated procedures necessitating additional gear for shooting big bags shallow seems like a strawman.

shallow hasnt a thing to do with a 6ftsmb, but visibility does..

@Rainer hit the nail on the head. If you need a 6ft dsmb for visibility on the surface, then you need it long before you get to your 10ft stop. If you need to shoot something from your 10ft stop, it's going to be to let surface know something and in that case you don't need or want something that big

I don't really get this argument. If you need the visibility only on the surface, inflate it on the surface. If you need it while underwater, don't wait till you're at 10' to shoot it. Shoot it deeper (so you actually have an ascent line and marker visible from the surface for the ascent) or just deal with it once you're surfaced. Coming up with complicated procedures necessitating additional gear for shooting big bags shallow seems like a strawman.
Idk man, I sometimes dive with a 6' smb inflated and clipped to my butt dring. Makes it easy for my buddy to see me and really helps with my trim!

Idk man, I sometimes dive with a 6' smb inflated and clipped to my butt dring. Makes it easy for my buddy to see me and really helps with my trim!
Warn a guy. Now I have to clean the coffee off my keyboard.

Pics or it didn't happen!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom