Luggage Found in Houston Dumpster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder who is in charge of luggage security?

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- Authorities were trying to figure out Tuesday how dozens of pieces of luggage belonging to air travelers ended up in a trash bin behind a Houston pet store.

FBI special agent Rolando Munoz said 68 pieces of luggage from various international flights were discovered. He said the luggage was turned over to Continental Airlines to sort out.

The bags belonged to travelers at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, said Sgt. Dana Wolfe, a spokeswoman for the Harris County Sheriff's Office, which first responded to the luggage report. She said tags on the bags showed some of the travelers were going to or from London and Dubai. (Watch the sad tale of a bag marked "Rush" )

The Houston Police Department is handling the case, Munoz and Wolfe said. A Houston police spokesman had no additional details Tuesday night.

Mary Clark, a spokeswoman for Continental, said she didn't know if the contents of the bags were stolen.

"We're going to be investigating and the authorities are going to be investigating," she said, adding that the airline was working with other carriers to match the bags with lost luggage claims. She did not have the names of the other airlines involved.

The owners of the pet store found the luggage.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/12/27/lost.luggage.ap/index.html

They were mine- full of stinky dive gear, I was coming back from the Maldives.

Just tossed 'em. Sorry it caused a fuss.

:wink:

Make you feel secure, don't it.

Yet, at the same time, is ANYONE REALLY SURPRISED by this article?????

Bet TSA confiscated little itty bitty pocket knives from some of those passengers while someone was dumping their luggage in a trash bin.

Wow...that was a very well spent trillion bucks.

J

You guys are ROUGH. I don't think the TSA has anything to do with airport security on ARRIVING luggage. I had a guy try to walk off with my bag once. I stopped him and he protested until I showed him (and the guard) my matching ticket. THEN instead of waiting around for HIS luggage, he just ambled off into the sunset. This is common, so BE THERE WAITING FOR YOUR LUGGAGE.

but you cant carry any liquids on the plain, other wise will dump your luggage at our neighborhood bet store!!

sad yes, but if those bags can mysteriously leave the airport that easy, then how hard is it to bring any thing in??
i think that they are so busy looking for problems in one area that they totally forgot about others!!

well i hope they wake up after this.

I agree with you Pete, which is why I didn't name the TSA. My point was that someone is dropping the ball with security in general. Soudan is right, a few bags is one thing but 68????

I got the feeling from this guy trying to jack my bag that he did this often. It would be interesting to see the time breakdown on these bags. How long and arriving or departing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom