Lumix GF-1 / 20mm lens- Newbie Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emilebennett

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys,

I've got a Lumix GF-1 with the 20mm fixed pancake lens, and am about to go to the Maldives for a couple of weeks. I can't dive as I have a cochlear implant (i lost my hearing a while back), and I'm hoping to be able to take some memorable photo's while snorkeling.

I only have the budget for a Ewa bag (not full-on casing), so I guess my question is simply - will i be able to get relatively decent results with this setup, or am I wasting money on the Ewa bag.

Also, of course, are these bags robust and secure, or do i run a big risk of wrecking my camera?

I have seen some amazing results with this camera and a bigger setup (strobes / telephoto lenses etc), and although I am not expecting professional quality results, it would be great to get some advice on what I can expect from this simple setup - and maybe some tips on how to make the most of it.

Thanks for your time,

Emile

I haven't used one of these bags with my GF1 (yet), but I used one on my previous camera with great results while snorkeling. I used a "DiCAPac". If you are careful with your handling and sealing the camera, you should have no problem with leaks. The plastic is pretty tough, so I doubt you could tear it easily. I've read that the WP610 DiCAPac fits the GF1+20mm well. Make sure to post your results when you return if you try it out!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom