lumix LX10 settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ponomo1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally bought the LX10 with the Ikelite housing and I know I've seen plenty of raving reviews and youtube videos covering all of the settings and features of this camera, but has anyone done any coverage of the underwater settings yet? I see some videos that people show with examples of different white balances being on and off at depth, but I haven't seen anyone go through the steps in the menus to show how to set these things up while you're underwater.
What settings can I do now on the surface to make it easier for me when I'm underwater? What should I practice to become proficient at tweaking and adjusting? Is the Auto setting good enough to get me going or is there something else that I should prioritize learning before I get in the water?
I'll watch the videos if you've seen them, it will be a big jump start since I can practice while I watch.
It stinks being a hands on learner instead of someone who can read the manual and have recall of each chapter. LOL

Are you looking for photo or video settings? I don't do photo, so here is what I did for my video settings:

1) Applied the hack to enable Cinelike D (I'm sure google can provide the steps).
2) Turned off C-AF autofocus (too much hunting), set the S-AF, much better.
3) Enabled back button focus
4) Turn off horizon level feature in 1080 mode to give wider FOV (30mm to 27mm)
5) Set the back dial to WB setting
6) Set the Kelvin setting in the WB menu to full red (10000 Kelvin, plus shifted the hue to the red corner)
7) C1 is set to 4k (Aperture mode), C2 is set to 1080 (Aperture mode), C3 is set to High Speed Video (120 fps)

Like most Panasonics, custom WB works very well down to about 50-60 feet. I don't need a red filter.

I hope that helps.

@Scubanoobi Thanks so much for the info. These are exactly the types of tips that I'm looking for. It's my first camera with all types of advanced settings and I'm relying on folks like yourself that are a lot more familiar with this stuff and is awesome enough to take the time out to type up tips for me and others.
I am coming from a sealife that did not have any of these bells and whistles and I'll need whatever help I can get to learn this stuff. :)

Hi Ponomo

How arw you getting on with your LX10 and Ikelite housing?

I just pulled the trigger on that combo with an Inon H100 wet wide angle and about to dive tomorrow!

What customised set up have you found most helpful so far for stills and video that most quickly let you switch from ambient only to stribe/video light?

How often do you take out and inspect the main O ring for debris and do you grease it? (the manual says not to but its a very simple manual and i never used a housing before where you don't).

Many thanks
Alex

Are you looking for photo or video settings?

1) Applied the hack to enable Cinelike D (I'm sure google can provide the steps).

@Scubanoobi i've been searching for the hack online but to no avail so far. would you be able to share the link if you know any please? appreciate it. thanks!

@Scubanoobi i've been searching for the hack online but to no avail so far. would you be able to share the link if you know any please? appreciate it. thanks!

Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

The link is above, when I did it I used the steps from the last post on the first page, the file has since been removed. You will likely find an updated file later in the thread (it's 31 pages).

The key is to apply the CineD setting, save it to your custom picture profile, then save your settings into either C1/C2/C3 mode. You can then restore back to the default picture profiles (that came with the camera out of the box). Your C1/C2/C3 modes will remain with CineD and only be used when you're in one of those modes.

The mode won't show "CineD", the name will be blank. However, if you shoot a video and look at the settings of that video on camera, you will see that the profile is "CNETD".

I've done this on a GX85, LX10 and ZS100 with no issues over the past 2 years.

There is also a youtube video out there somewhere with more detailed steps.

Good luck.

Just to update my settings above after more use in the water, I've eliminated the following 2 steps:

4) Turn off horizon level feature in 1080 mode to give wider FOV (30mm to 27mm)
6) Set the Kelvin setting in the WB menu to full red (10000 Kelvin, plus shifted the hue to the red corner)

#6 I never used, and with a wide angle wet lens, #4 the horizon level actually provides much need additional stabilization.

Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

The link is above, when I did it I used the steps from the last post on the first page, the file has since been removed. You will likely find an updated file later in the thread (it's 31 pages).

The key is to apply the CineD setting, save it to your custom picture profile, then save your settings into either C1/C2/C3 mode. You can then restore back to the default picture profiles (that came with the camera out of the box). Your C1/C2/C3 modes will remain with CineD and only be used when you're in one of those modes.

The mode won't show "CineD", the name will be blank. However, if you shoot a video and look at the settings of that video on camera, you will see that the profile is "CNETD".

I've done this on a GX85, LX10 and ZS100 with no issues over the past 2 years.

There is also a youtube video out there somewhere with more detailed steps.

Good luck.

Ah ok I've seen some youtube videos for this applied to GX80/85. Turns out this was what I was looking for. Will look out for the file to download and noted on the updated settings above! Many thanks again!

Btw you wouldn't happen to be using Ikelite housing for your LX10, do you? It's rather difficult to find some tips on wide wet lens for this setup.

I have the Nauticam housing, I’m using the INON UWL-h100 which I’m happy with, you can get this lens for Ikelite as well. You need the “Type-1” version.

I have the Nauticam housing, I’m using the INON UWL-h100 which I’m happy with, you can get this lens for Ikelite as well. You need the “Type-1” version.

Got it thanks @Scubanoobi!

Btw I found the hack file from youtube and followed the instructions, but it did not work for my LX10 somehow. I got the camera to connect via wifi, did handshake and connect. When I tried to load the Cinelike D profile, nothing happens. Tried twice and nothing. The hack file is created by the same dude from your original thread above. Not sure what did I do wrong here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom