LUMIX LX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@RDRINK25 did you have a red filter attached to the camera or the housing or were you able to get the colors to pop by just working on the white balance settings?? I just bought the camera and the ikelite housing, now I'm just trying to figure out which other odds and ends I need to pick up.
I guess while I'm asking, how about wet macro lens? I like to take lots of close up macro shots when I can.

@Scubanoobi you said you think "its the best camera for underwater" do have any photos you can share or any details of your camera setup so we can see what's working so well for you.
Thanks
Pete

@RDRINK25 did you have a red filter attached to the camera or the housing or were you able to get the colors to pop by just working on the white balance settings?? I just bought the camera and the ikelite housing, now I'm just trying to figure out which other odds and ends I need to pick up.
I guess while I'm asking, how about wet macro lens? I like to take lots of close up macro shots when I can.

No red filter. Adjustments done in Lightroom. I did use a wide angle lens.

This is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this camera in the Nauticam housing with an Inon UWL-H100 wide angle lens, and could share their experience. Even better if someone has used this housing with a Fisheye FiX ADF-M67Pro adapter ring and Inon's UWL-H100 28LD bayonet-mount lens. Does the wet len's glass get close enough to the port to allow for best use of the wet lens?

Here’s a video of my recent Bonaire trip shot on the LX10.

It was my first time shooting with this camera. Overall, I was pleased...though I should probably start a blog titled “My Never Ending Search for My Perfect Underwater Video Camera...”

Last edited:
@choiahoy The video looks great!!! When were you in Bonaire bud, we were looking to set up a trip towards the end of the summer to Bonaire, but one of my buddies saw a review that says the viz was going down hill because of all the heavy cruise ship volume in the ports. It doesn't look too bad there at all in your video. How did you feel the diving was??
What type of setup do you dive with?? I just bought the LX10 with the Ikelite housing. I have a few different dive lights from bigblue for video and photo and a pair of ys-01 strobes for stills.
Did you need a red filter in that nice clear water?? Any special settings for the video?? I just bought my new gear so I won't be in the water until june.

Thanks @ponomo1. We were there the first week of April. The visibility was great, consistent with our last few trips there. I use a Nauticam housing and 2 x 2500 sea dragon lights, and when needed, a aquako macro lens or a fantasea wide angle.

Someone asked about my video settings and post workflow in the trip report thread in the link below. Hope it's helpful.

Bonaire video and trip report - April 2018

Awesome info @choiahoy on the video and trip update!! I really appreciate folks like yourself that do this types of stuff for a living and still takes the time out to share tips and advice with everyone.
I am brand new to the Lumix and I know I’ve got a ton to learn.
I’ve got lights, my red filter is on its way, the housing has knobs and dials that I’m sure will drive me crazy in the beginning but I’m ready to get in the water and start experimenting.

@Scubanoobi you said you think "its the best camera for underwater" do have any photos you can share or any details of your camera setup so we can see what's working so well for you.
Thanks
Pete

Sorry, I just saw this question (2 months late), Here is a video I just threw together that I shot on the LX10. The main purpose was to test how good the MWB was around 60-70 ft with no red filter or lights. The RX100 would really struggle with this based on the video's I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom