LX10 may have been discontinued.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gummybun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just had my order from Vistek in Toronto cancelled, due to Panasonic Canada discontinuing the line - so the sales manager told me. Other stores are out or on their demo models after all the stores selling the camera for $200 CDN off the retail price for the last few weeks. Was all ready to come over to the Pany thread from the Sony Snappers!

Wondering if I should buy a demo model.... now or never(?) under no small bit of pressure!

Panasonic Canada not talking. Has anybody heard anything?

EDIT, from the next day...

Well, Panasonic tells me that they have not, in fact, discontinued the line - so what I was told was wrong. Sorry for any confusion!

Watching this.. I was honestly getting ready to pull the trigger on a package from BS...

Yes, I was holding back for a few months, expecting a Rev2 of the LX10, rather than invest in the older tech - as I was planing on moving up to a Nauticam housing with it, so it was making me nervous. Sony just keeps piling on new revisions of the rx series while continuing to produce the earlier versions for niche market purchasers. It seemed to work well. I am wondering why Panasonic would 'can' the manufacturing capacity for a camera that (I think) sells, and not just introduce a (LX10.ii) on top of the LX10. Unless they are 'canning' the LX10 - why create a vacuum before releasing a newer model - unless there is no newer model.

Is that how Panasonic does things? Or maybe it is just the Canadian distributor that is winding up the line.

I tried to phone them but the quit at 4pm - nice.

Have you tried to see if Henry's has any?

Tried Henry's earlier, said they had one and would hold it if they confirm, but still waiting for stock confirmation. Vistek holding their demo, so I still have a good chance to get one of the last ones - but I am still wondering if this is the precursor to an announcement of a new version. Hopefully I will learn more from Panasonic tomorrow.

There's a full kit with camera in the classifieds. 'Posted a week after I bought mine... oh well!

Well, Panasonic tells me that they have not, in fact, discontinued the line - so what I was told was wrong. Sorry for any confusion!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom