LX15 + Nauticam WWL-C shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brajan

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings from Maledivs,

For now this is a placeholder as internet is not so good. Here are some of my first shots. Low quality for now until better connection.
AAA721FD-7755-4477-859B-CE7FD3C3F1EB.jpeg 2FE7870C-435C-4BAF-AB69-2884FA3CF7E4.jpeg

Looks like you are using a red filter plus a strobe?

great shots!

any chance you can try taking pictures of divers / shoot some video / landscape shots?

would like to see how the vignetting is in real sea conditions - I'm on the fence for buying this lense.

Thanks,
Matan.

With a bit of time between dives i thought i'll give you a small update.
The lens quality in terms on sharpness is undeniable. It works great with LX15 from 35mm up, below 35mm you'll see the Nauticam case port, vignetting.
For videos, it does matter because it is cropped at 35mm. I will post a sample video in a few days when I am back home and with decent internet.

Pros:
Definitely best lens out there. Zero problems with sharpness in edges, zero vignetting from 35mm upwards, super close focus.

Cons:
The lens is heavy!
The built-in buoyancy collar seems to be useless but i didn't test the buoyancy of the lens itself.
The lens does not have any kind of holder to attach it to anything while "burping". I did my own DYI "belt" to secure it. Otherwise, if you drop it, it goes all the way down .... wherever to bottom is.
Out-of-the-box there is only a plastic cover included, if you want a neoprene one you'll have to buy it extra.
Built-in Nauticam quick mount is permanent, you have no option to use anything else.
Price!!!

Nauticam did an excellent job with this one but they definitely cut some corners to save some money (accessories).

Few more sample photos attached.
Just keep in mind that on the vast majority of these dives visibility was max. 10m with lots of backscatters which also caused troubles with autofocus.

Attachments

• upload-1040669.jpg
    upload-1040669.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 215
  • upload-1040742.jpg
    upload-1040742.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 208
  • upload-1040776.jpg
    upload-1040776.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 202
  • upload-1040816.jpg
    upload-1040816.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 211
  • upload-1040997.jpg
    upload-1040997.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 213
  • upload-1050337.jpg
    upload-1050337.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 212
The diver's photo (the last one) - can you please share was was the zoom? i.e. 35mm or less? as I do see some vignetting there - however image looks good.

any thoughts on Video with the lens?

Thanks,
Matan.

@Matan
F/4, ISO125, 200s, 50mm, Flash ON, custom white balance, centre-weighted.

Video sample is here: HD/4K still processing so give it some time.

I don't use this rig for videos so sorry for not the best example but it should give you some idea.

Thanks - I'll wait for the 4k to upload.

regarding the image - I see with 50mm still very good angle.
however I guess the biggest interest is with the lowest zoom possible i.e. 35mm or even 28mm getting a good landscape / diver shot to see if no vignetting.

also regarding buoyancy - the built in collar isn't helping? I'm already with 4 float arms with LX10 + nauticam housing + 2 strobes + video light.

Thanks,
Matan.

Thanks - I'll wait for the 4k to upload.

regarding the image - I see with 50mm still very good angle.
however I guess the biggest interest is with the lowest zoom possible i.e. 35mm or even 28mm getting a good landscape / diver shot to see if no vignetting.

also regarding buoyancy - the built in collar isn't helping? I'm already with 4 float arms with LX10 + nauticam housing + 2 strobes + video light.

Thanks,
Matan.

That's my gear on a night dive.
2 x arms with floaties, 2 x 900g carbon fibre float arms, 2 x video lights, 2 x strobes and Insta360 action camera. All that is quite negative mainly due to video lights. Without video lights, this rig is slightly positive.

As for the video, something is not right. 4K is not available and 1080 looks crap. Not sure what is going on. Looks like YT is messing it up.

Attachments

• 8f851a4e-7c98-4f2c-8b82-74c9bfca98df.jpg
    8f851a4e-7c98-4f2c-8b82-74c9bfca98df.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 234
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom