LX3 + 10 Bar Housing samples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice. I loved the one of the diver kneeling in the cave under a shaft of light.

Jack

Hi Robert

What strobe setup do you use plus do you adjust the white balance underwater or just shoot raw? Do you use any wide angle lens?

I just got the LX5 and 10bar housing from Jack and off to the red sea in a weeks time.
Any tips and tricks are very welcome. I will try my new Dyron WA15 lens this time as well.

Thanks for sharing these pictures.

H.

Hi HolgMAster,

Right now I'm usign an old IKELITE 100A that a friend lent me until I'll by one. I'm thinking of buying one Inon Z240 or a Sea & Sea 110a.
All the pics was taken wihout external lenses.
Recently I bought the housing and the first objective was to start shooting.
The next step will be buying my own flash and then a macro and wide angle lenses... one step at a time:)

The white balance settings that I'm usually use are "cloudy" or "AWB".
I'm shooting in JPEG, I did not try the RAW yet. Some pics have a little adjustments, most commons are the color temperature, contrast and a little cropt to adjust composing.

All the pics was taken in manual mode. In the macro pics I start with a small aperture, 8.0 or 7.0, and a fast shutter speed 1/250th.
When a try shoot in WA or fish in the blue, normally I start with an aperture 4.0, then adjust the shutter speed untill I have the blue that I like, thats depends a lot of the visibility that you have at the moment. Fast shutter speed, more dark blue you have. Attention, in the red sea have an excelent visibility.
I select the ISO for 80 or 100.
Probably you know all of this. I'm just a beginner in this underwater photo world.
And it's all, the rest is shooting untill you have memory in card, life batterie or air in yor tank :)

Regards

Last edited:
Hi Robert

I cant believe that you got those shots without adjusting the WB underwater and shooting JPEG. Amazing really. I got the Inon Z240 strobe and I hope it will deliver similar results. I also got a WA Dyron wa15 / 67mm lens but i might try the first few dives without it.

I cant wait until Saturday morning. Hurghada, bring on the fish... :)

Thanks again for sharing.

Holg.

Shaker...

Mine might be worse than any of yours... lol... still will try to tell the fish to hold still whilst little me trying to take a picture. :p

Any Fish sign language that I can learn to get non blurry pics ... haha

Hi
Thanks for sharing! I found your photos very nice too .
I have to wait 3 weeks before i can dive in Mozambik :)

Thaks shaker.
And...photos form Mozambique are mandatory :)
say hello to a whale shark fo me :)

Hi Robert

I cant believe that you got those shots without adjusting the WB underwater and shooting JPEG. Amazing really. I got the Inon Z240 strobe and I hope it will deliver similar results. I also got a WA Dyron wa15 / 67mm lens but i might try the first few dives without it.

I cant wait until Saturday morning. Hurghada, bring on the fish... :)

Thanks again for sharing.

Holg.

Shooting with a strobe makes all the diference.
hope you will make great dives in rede sea, enjoy and take a lot of pictures...and please share.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom