Lynnhaven trip Sunday 9/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone planning on diving on the Miss Lindsey on Sunday 9/20? I have a ticket from a canx trip I need to use up. The sked says Gulf Hustler, but I think the shop said they are doing the Morgan. Anyone know for sure? Either way I am in.

Hope the weather cooperates.

Yeah, been tough to get out lately.

Rob

I confirmed it is the Gulf Hustler. Hope to see some of you on the boat if the trip goes.

Absolutely will post a trip report. SCW in effect until midnight tonight. Forcasting 3-4 ft seas, 10-15kts out of the east. Borderline conditions. There were about 15 folks signed up when I was at the shop yesterday.

This will be my first dive on the Hustler. Been out with Lynnhaven about a dozen times, but for some reason never to this wreck.

Rob

The Hustler is a good dive, but doing 2 on it on 1 trip could be too much. It is kind of small.
They usually move to the Ricks or Hanks for the 2nd dive.
I hope you get out, I had a trip this weekend, but further out & it got canned.

Man you guys arent having much luck,mother nature just does'nt understand does she?The 1 ocean trip i had booked was called for hurricane Bill, seems this is not a good year for ocean diving.

Well to be fair, the trip I was on was over 60 miles off shore to a site in 275fsw.
So we really needed good conditions to make the trip worth the $$$ being put out.

No luck. The boat departed at 0815, 14 divers aboard, and for awhile I was hopeful. After a half hour of pounding, water coming over the bow and some pretty serious rockin' and rollin', the Captain turned the boat around and we returned to the dock. Worst of all worlds - we didn't get to dive but still had to clean the gear since it all got drenched in salt water anyway:depressed:. Oh well, such is life in VA Beach.

I still have 2 boat tickets I need to use, so I'll keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom