M1 - M2 - IRIS questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a couple of questions, are there any "big" differences between the M1 and M2 that was recently released? I have been very happy with my M1 (RGBM version)

Regarding IRIS - is there any chance they can incorporate an average depth calculation to the technical tab in the next release of the software? It would make calculating SAC so much easier ... Just dreaming ... but figured I'd pass my "request" along anyway :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Hi Tim, I've got the new M2 and like it a lot. I believe (and Zak and Phil, please correct me if I'm wrong:D ) the only differences are: slightly different buttons, slightly different algorythm, 1 minute deep stop at 60 feet on really deep dives, I seem to recall it can hold more dives in memory and has a slightly different display (my girlfriend has a M1, so believe me it's slight!). Other than that, it's pretty much the same as the M1...

To my knowledge, that is pretty much it!:coffee: Did I forget anything?

thanks codman - I noticed the price dropped quite a bit too ... always a nice "feature" :)

Aloha Tim,

There are a few changes to the M2 unit. The casing has been modified to be slightly lower profile. The user interface is a little more user intuitive, although the operations are the same. The functionality of the computer is the same as well. The buttons are a little easier on the fingers.

Will take note of your request re: the software. Thanks for your feedback.

Aloha,

Glad to be here! We are constantly trying to improve our service levels to you all!

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom