Mac OS Sierra and RAW from my TG5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steelyeyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got back from a trip with my new TG5. One reason for choosing it was it's ability to use RAW. One problem, MAC doesn't support RAW files from the TG5. It didn't do it in 2017 and it still doesn't in the middle of 2018.

Is there software I can get that will correct this issue or do I need to buy a PC just for my photos?

There are lots of programs that run on Macs that can convert TG5 raw files, Apples Photos is just not one of them.

Bill

Quite a number of programs have Raw conversion, Photoshop elements, Lightrooom and Capture One are a couple of popular software programs. You can also use the Olympus software which is free to make tif files to edit further in Apple Photos. Just be aware that Adobe are moving to subscription based licensing for lightroom - not something I would recommend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom