MacLearie Park 8/22/15 Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seahorses and I spent some time together - about 45 mins and 9 foot average depth.
Very peaceful and quiet evening...

Looks beautiful. It seems you never shine the light in their eyes... Is that for the obvious reason? Hurting their eyes? Silly question but I gotta ask.

Looks beautiful. It seems you never shine the light in their eyes... Is that for the obvious reason? Hurting their eyes? Silly question but I gotta ask.

Not a silly question but a silly answer...

I forgot to charge my video light battery - so that was my primary light. The hot spot would have killed the video with white stinging light on the subject... So I was really trying to catch the object with ambient light without scorching the subject in bright light...
Lol - I am getting better at it... :)
But I wanted my video light to give the soft glow without the bright hot spot...

I was there on Tues. Water was balmy. I reckon that the larger male is pregnant. Nice video.

I was there on Tues.

Were you going in at HT? I think there were 2 of you?
Or I met 2 folks coming in while I was exiting...

Last edited:
Went in at 7:15am. Did not see the seahorses but did see a pair of lost butterflies for about 30 seconds.

LOL - I went in at night... Duh... Carry On...

With my schedule my day time Dives are very limited this season so I'm trying to set up a night dive who are the newly certified diver that I know. It should be in the next week or two depending on the tides I'll let you know when we have something set up. Glad to hear there's some Tropicals and seahorses around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom