Made a video about our Coral Reef Conservation project where we teach our students about Coral Reefs and show how the conservation is done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry coral does NOT produce the amount of oxygen that is referenced in the video. No, not even close!
algae that lives inside the coral produces the oxygen. Now if it is 50% I'm not sure but when I double checked the facts, which does sound to good to be true, found a couple of articles online mentioning that coral reefs generate (or are responsible for) half of the oxygen on earth. Unless everyone is qouting same resource which is unreliable

The whole idea you are expressing is ridiculous. Coral reefs are rare and ones that require sunlight are only in shallow, warm, clear water.

Corals makes up a tiny percentage of areal coverage of the earth. To indicate that this exceedingly small area generates half the oxygen is obviously nonsensical. And in my opinion, raises significant doubts about ANY claims you are making. Just fix it, you are representing yourselves as teachers, but the whole idea is deliberately misleading and completely incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom