Made my first solo dives.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just thought I would stop by and mention that I did my first 2 solo dives today at Clear Springs Scuba Park......the lake is for scuba diving only. I was the only person in the water. Two shallow dives.... 34'/35min. and 35'/40min.. This is an area I have dove on a number of occasions. Had a great time!

Gee I thought at least someone would say.... congrats or something-- lol :06:

texdiveguy:
Gee I thought at least someone would say.... congrats or something-- lol :06:

Congrats! (or something)

:banana:

I'm just now reading this, and perhaps others are also...and I'm still asleep...

scubasean:
Congrats! (or something)

:banana:

I'm just now reading this, and perhaps others are also...and I'm still asleep...

Thanks I feel better now!!

texdiveguy:
Just thought I would stop by and mention that I did my first 2 solo dives today at Clear Springs Scuba Park......the lake is for scuba diving only. I was the only person in the water. Two shallow dives.... 34'/35min. and 35'/40min.. This is an area I have dove on a number of occasions. Had a great time!

It IS fun isn't it?

Nothing like it, huh? The only thing more peacefull than solo diving is solo diving at night...Congrats or something

ArthurGerla:
Well ... uh ... congratulations, I suppose. :)

So what was your reason to go solo?

Good question.... for several reasons I think,,, it was in the mid week I had the day off and no dive buddies to go with..... this is a heavy diver training lake and after all the stud. are in on the weekends the vis is at a min.,so wanted to check it out on a clear water day.... also to build on my scuba skills and self reliance.... just for the thrill and fun of it also. I still enjoy the buddy system and will continue to practice it whenever possible with folks I know and trust in thier skill level and interests,,,,and any solo diving will be in places like this for me. Solo diving is really fun and a great means of helping to make you a better well trained "BE PREPARED" diver. In solo or buddy diving,,,,'whenever a doubt opt out'. :wink:

I must admit, I've dove Clear Springs solo a dozen times or more. It is a good environment to get used to diving solo; divers only, no entanglements, no surf or current, and quite a few things to see (have you found the coffin?), and not too deep (to get 60' for Advanced classes they had to dredge out a part of it, because it was only 55' at the deepest!).

There are few places I'm comfortable diving solo in. And if I'm not comfortable, I don't do it. But Clear Springs is a good place.

=Steve=

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom