Madiera Wreck Anniversary Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnj1233

Contributor
Reaction score
I kow most of you are not from my area however we are planning a dive on the Madiera (Lake Superior North Shore) on the 100th anniversary Sunday. Trying to convince my friends to dive it at the actual wrecking time however they dont want t dive at 2:00 a.m. So its sounds like noon Sunday, all are welcome!!!!!!

Yes it is. Although I run a charter to this wreck in the summer, we just dive it from shore in the winter months. Swim is about 150 yrds from the beach. Depth ranges from 120' to 35' at the bow section. Nice dive and very scenic area if your ever up this way! P.S. I used to live on Irving & Lakeshore Dr. anywhere near you?

mnj1233:
Yes it is. Although I run a charter to this wreck in the summer, we just dive it from shore in the winter months. Swim is about 150 yrds from the beach. Depth ranges from 120' to 35' at the bow section. Nice dive and very scenic area if your ever up this way! P.S. I used to live on Irving & Lakeshore Dr. anywhere near you?

These days I live in Lincolnwood, just off the Edens at Touhy, but I know Lakeshore and Irving well. A shore dive to a Lake Superior wreck might just be worth the 8 hour drive. Better for me if it were on a Saturday, but I know for historical reasons you cannot. I gotta give this some thought!

Back
Top Bottom