Magnetic switch on Brinyte Div11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JW13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I only have about 15 dives on my dive light (Brinyte Div11). After exiting the water on a recent dive I realized that the light was stuck in the flashing mode and the switch would not allow me to change the setting or turn it off. So I unscrewed the barrel enough to shut off the light. Since then, the switch will intermittently work, but only for the positions of low, flashing and off. It's supposed to cycle through high, medium, low, flashing and then off.

I unscrewed the external push-button switch mechanism and cleaned / dried it, but that didn't help. The warranty policy says, since I bought it more than a year ago, that I can return it at my shipping expense to the manufacturer (in China) and they will fix it and only charge me for the parts. That's if I can find the receipt, which I doubt.

Can someone tell me if this is likely an IC problem (don't know how to diagnose it) or something else that I might have a shot at fixing myself? I like the light and hate to throw it away.......

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom