Main differences between Xstream and Jetstream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bagarospo636

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,
would you kindly explain me which are the main differences between the two regs? Are there any situations or dives where you recommend to use Xstream instead of JetStream (or vice-versa)?

Thanks from Italy!

Dear Sir.

I'l try and provide you with some of the differences between the Jetsreram and Xstream.

- The Xstream 1st stage has a slighly higher airflow then the "original" Jetstream 1st stage.
- The Xstream is approved to 200 m (gas dependent)
- The Xstream Duration is approved for Nitrox diving

I would recommend the Xstream regulator for technical divers that do deep dives and/or dives with Nitrox. As the Xstream 2nd stage is smaller and lighter then the Jetstream 2nd stage it's a bit more sensitive to "knocks and bangs", so you need to take care of that Xstream 2nd stage a bit more.

Hi Jorgen,
is there any reason on why the Mk3 Jetstream reg has been approved only up to 50m while the Mk3 Xstream up to 200m? What happens in case the mk3 jetstream is used to dive deeper then 50m (let me say from 50 to 120m)??

Thanks!

Hi Jorgen,

Could you please advice if Xstream can be used for up to 40% Nitrox?

Thank you.

Dear Sir.

I'l try and provide you with some of the differences between the Jetsreram and Xstream.

- The Xstream 1st stage has a slighly higher airflow then the "original" Jetstream 1st stage.
- The Xstream is approved to 200 m (gas dependent)
- The Xstream Duration is approved for Nitrox diving

I would recommend the Xstream regulator for technical divers that do deep dives and/or dives with Nitrox. As the Xstream 2nd stage is smaller and lighter then the Jetstream 2nd stage it's a bit more sensitive to "knocks and bangs", so you need to take care of that Xstream 2nd stage a bit more.

The Xstream Deep (black) is only certifird and approved for gas with a maximum of 21% oxygen.

The Xstream Duration (green) is approved for gas with up to 99,95% oxygen.

So if you are planning on doing Nitrox diving, it's the Xstream Duration that you want/need.

Back
Top Bottom