Maison de la Mer Naamaa Bay - anyone have their contact info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Im going to Sharm in a couple of weeks and know maison de la mer in naama bay carries the brand of computer I need to get hold of, but need to know if they have the particular model and at what price.
Does anyone have a working e-mail address for them? If they dont have the specific model Im looking at having to find another option. My current computer is kinda.. dead..

And yes, I have tried google, with very poor results..

Do you have any idea what the rates calling Egypt from a Norway is? Thats exactly one of the things I want to avoid..

which model are you looking for? There are other options...

Maison De La Mer is also based next door to Red Sea College - I'm not sure if they are specifically affiliated with the centre any more (they used to be) but you could always drop the guys at Red Sea an e-mail to ask for contact/e-mail details.

If not - you could try Beyond Limits: Beyond Limits: Dive Shop Sharm El Sheikh ? Red Sea - located in the Na'ama Bay centre about 50 metres and three flights of stairs behind RSC and Maison de la Mer.

Cheers

C.

Im well familiar with the area being there once or twice every year and thats also why I ask specifically about maison de la mer..
I know they carry what I want (if they have it in stock) and I know beyond limits dont.
I really didnt want to bring any "other shops" into this, but beyond limits also is "not cheap"

Im well familiar with the area being there once or twice every year and thats also why I ask specifically about maison de la mer..
I know they carry what I want (if they have it in stock) and I know beyond limits dont.
I really didnt want to bring any "other shops" into this, but beyond limits also is "not cheap"

No worries mate - I can only speak from the experience of somebody who lived there for four years. Let me know the brand of computer - feel free to PM etc. As far as I know, Maison de la mer have no website, and also I have seen certain equipment sold less expensively in other shops - and there's a few in Old Market that are cheaper than both Maison de la Mare and Beyond Limits. I can always give my mates back in Sharm a shout and see if they can find what you need and which other shops might stock it and which might sell it for the best price, should there be a difference.

Happy to help,

Cheers,

C.

What Im looking for is a Scubapro 2G to replace my uwatec (also scubapro really) aladin prime.
Beyond limits dont deal scuba pro, maison de la mer does. I know they have had the old tec 2g but need to know if they have the 2g in stock and wether its cheaper to get it locally than down there..

I will give my mate a shout and see if there is any availability. If M. de la Mer don't stock it, there is a Scubapro dealer in Old Market that might. It's called Blue Wave and it's just before the first entrance to the market - I found these contact details: SUUNTO Retailer - BLUE WAVE FOR DIVING EQUIPMENT in SHARM EL SHEIKH, SHARM EL SHEIKH - Location & Store Hours

I found that generally speaking, Sharm prices were not much cheaper than European prices - in fact some stuff seemed to be more expensive, but not in all circumstances. I know you weren't looking for other shops but this might be an alternative.

Good luck - I'll let you know if anything turns up.

Cheers

C.

Problem is my local prices is nasty, but knowing that often prices down there is too, I want to have an idea of wether theres a difference before I get down there. If theres nothing to be saved it might be more convenient to just get it locally especially with regards to consumer rights and such..
If Maison de la mer dont have it old town becomes an option although closer to naama bay where I will be staying would be better, Im not the "shopaholic" some holidaymakers are :p

Thanks for the help so far.

Quick update. Didnt find their contact info, but they did have the aladin 2G I wanted at the cost of 2250LE

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back
Top Bottom