Make Good Money as a Scuba Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natasha
If my last post gets me thrown in as well....I'll know I'm with the right people I want to be diving with! Cause I dont think anyone should be "thrown in" as this is an open-forum and people have to expect peoples honest opinions!

Anyway, I'll be jumping in soon....think I'm starting to burn on the boat! :wink:

I have a friend who is currently doing 5 years for supplying class A narcotics. His defence was that he wasn't a drug dealer, but was helping out a few mates on the night.

Unfortunately, the law WILL take literal definitions whether you like it or not.

And lets not get into a side thread as to whether he deserved it or not - I just use it as an example.

rstone

I've only just noticed the tone in your posts....they seem quite sharp. I am very sorry if you feel we're being rude.

This is a forum where people get on and we tell things how we feel about them. I hope we havent offended you in anyway.

Again, my apologies for any harm caused!

Originally posted by Heads Up
I have a friend who is currently doing 5 years for supplying class A narcotics. His defence was that he wasn't a drug dealer, but was helping out a few mates on the night.

Unfortunately, the law WILL take literal definitions whether you like it or not.

And lets do get into a side thread as to whether he deserved it or not - I just use it as an example.

The law may like to take literal definitions, but thats why there is case law to prevent the law from being to literal. As there is the law as its written, and the intent of the law. And yes I took criminal law and am certified reserve police officer and if i wanted to know more about the law id just ask my brother whos a DA. :wink:

Men and women, and those not specified....

I think we are loosing touch of this thread now. Lets not drift into our own here....its important to stick to the topic - esp. on a thread of this length.

I think now its just getting into a he said, she said situation which will get us nowhere.

Originally posted by Heads Up
... if I set up shop calling myself a Travel Agent but did not register under the IATA, I am immune from prosecution? I think not

I never said that.. as you should know.. anyone can be sued for anything.. then its up to the DA to decide if they have a case and the court to decide if its a friviously filed lawsuit or not.

Headsup.. just drop it.. i didnt come here to get in a legal debate with you..

Abby is right. We're geting off the subject. Let's all continue to learn how to make $100,000 as a scuba instructor.
But by the way, you can sell travel without an IATAN number. Several of my friends sell travel using only a CLIA number. But anyone can sell it without either number. They would just be buying travel from an " uncertified" travel agent. This is done everyday, if instructors are selling travel that aren't certified travel agents..
:sunny:

Originally posted by Natasha
This is done everyday, if instructors are selling travel that aren't certified travel agents..
:sunny:

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom