Make Good Money as a Scuba Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
striking viking

There is a very thin line between bashing people and providing positive critisism. This board is designed for divers to discuss and give both positive and negative feedback.

One problem is sometimes the line between bashing and positive critisism becames a tad too worn, and eventually ends up on the wrong side!!! Most of the time, this is accidental, and has been a misjudgement by the person replying!

I dont think any member of the board has intentionally intended to offend another.

As I have said many a-time before, I find what CD has to say both informative and interesting - even if I dont agree. If I dont agree and have a reason why, then I'd post it....its the way an idea becomes a masterpiece - through discussions and debates to make it perfect!

Overall, I have throughly enjoyed this thread. Not only has it been informative, but its had some pleasant banter - which is all that I believe has ever been intended.

Diving contains many "black-spots" which tend to be the topics that cause tensions...and this is one I didnt believe would be - but its the mixture of divers who do it for money, and divers who do it for fun. Nevertheless, I feel although this thread has had its rough patches, its been handled well and with grace by the majority!!!

Now I am going to apologise cause I didnt intend to make this quite as long as I have - sorry for being boring guys!!

Hello,
I JUST GOT DONE READING SO MUCH B.S. I STARTED FALLING ASLEEP AT THE COMPUTER.
DO HAVE AN M.B.A. WANTED TO TEACH SCUBA. LIVE IN A GREAT LOCATION. NOW YOU GUYS COMPLETELY TURNED ME OFF.
A MAJOR HEADACHE FROM READING THE LENGTHY DIALOGUE.
DAVE PROBABLY CAN MADE TONS OF MONEY CATERING TO THE LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS, BUT WE ALL CAN.T CATER TO THIS SMALL SECT OF DIVERS. SOMEHOW YOU REMIND ME OF A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER OR SOMEONE TRYING TO SELL YOU A
CONDO. SALESPEOPLE DRIVE ME CRAZY, THEY LIKE TO HEAR THEMSELVES TALK. NO OFFENSE. SMILES...

HEY SMILES, TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

ID

HEY, IGUANA --

SOME OF US HAVE VISUAL IMPAIRMENTS. I'M KNOWN AS MRS.
MAGOO. THEY PROBABY DON'T HAVE SPEARGUNS WITH SITES LIKE THE NEW BOWS. DARN..... BUT THAT DOESN'T KEEP A GOOD PREDATOR DOWN.

THANKS FOR THE EXTRA BOLD LESSON. SOME PEOPLE LIKE THINGS BIG.... LETTERS OF COURSE.

SMILES

If you are not sure why ID said what he did.........caps mean you are yelling on the internet/e-mail/chat . We don't have to yell here (most of the time) . (Sara Smiles such a nice song BTW)

Scubababy.......................I will agree with you.

People you either agree or disagree with CD and his ideas. Let us not carry on about spelling and law etc. Yes CD is insulting to some, arrogant to others, but some, and I do repeat some of his ideas have merit.

Give him his due, and if you feel slighted by his harsh remarks and rudeness, stay away from the thread.

Butch :peace:

Quite right. I'd have called it self-aggrandizing {I have to go on a week long hi end dive trip. This one I only will make $5000.00.}, but your descriptions work equally well! I'm very interested to find out if any of the regulars here actually know him and can verify ANY of his claims of his abilities and lifestyle. I remember someone a few pages back asking for his W-2! Ha! A little extreme, but I second the sentiment!

It's good for a laugh and a shake of the head if nothing more...

Cheers,

Bill
Bill@pwrvideo.com
http://www.pwrvideo.com

I posted something similar earlier and I have thought it thru further.

An instructor and a Dive master hook up with a singles organization. They offer a scuba class for 8 students. Preferably 4 male 4 female. That allows for buddy pairs. I work for Plano so I'll use what I have access to. Plano parks and rec has a large public pool and rec center that has meeting rooms. The pool and rooms can be rented for a really reasonable price. The class room and pool work can conceiveably be done in two to three weekends.

I'm not instructor certified so yall correct me if I'm wrong.

Part of the package deal includes doing the OW in Bonair. The instructor can go thru an agent or book the trip him(her)self and skip the shop as a middle man and save $$. The only place the shop comes in is in renting gear. I don't see how the instructor and DM could get rich doing this but I do see how they could get a couple free nice scuba trips a year out of it. That would suit me just fine. Some one else pay for me to go diving in Cayman, or Aruba, or Bonair. I'm in....

Tom

I think,

I wouldn't consider it a convert. I admit its hard to listen to a guy with an ego and attitude like his, but I tend to try to hear everyone out. Sometimes you just gotta cut thru the rock to find the geode inside.

For the record, I still don't think everything he poses would work, and his attitude towards (IMHO) DM's stinks

Tom

He is quoting verbatiun from the book "How to Make $20,000 a Week Teaching Scuba" . The author of the book did in fact do it and is based in Maui(I think).An ex Dive associate of mine has actually talked to the guy.

As far as hooking up witha dive shop and split profit , well that is why my dive associate is ex. He is also one of the biggest dive shop crooks in western Canada.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom