Making the switch to a BP/W and thank you Tobin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mblazer

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After much research and advice, and with plans to keep advancing with my diving (even at the ripe age of 56), today I ordered a full rig with SS back plate and 35lb wing from DSS. That in and of itself is unremarkable. But we live in an age when far too many businesses do not know the meaning of customer service, or have shipped a sad version of it to overseas call centers. DSS, and particularly its owner Tobin, very obviously never ascribed to the belief that real customer service is not cost-effective.

I called with a pretty good idea of what I wanted to order. But when I told the salesperson that this was my first time ordering a BP/W, he immediately got Tobin on the phone. Tobin then had me describe what gear I have been using, and spent the time necessary to make sure not only that he could recommend exactly what I needed, but also that I understood why he was recommending it. He took his time, explained everything, and didn't hand me back to the salesperson until he was sure we were on the same page. If all American companies provided service like this, we would have far less concern about foreign competition.

My new rig arrives in a week, and then I'm off to Seattle to start practicing with it. Can't wait.

My sentiments exactly!

Yes, DSS customer service absolutely rocks, which is one of the reasons I relentlessly recommend them.

When are you going to be in Seattle? If you want to dive with some BP-savvy folks, I know where to find some . . . :)

Yes, DSS customer service absolutely rocks, which is one of the reasons I relentlessly recommend them.

When are you going to be in Seattle? If you want to dive with some BP-savvy folks, I know where to find some . . .

Gee, and I didn't know there were any out there except for Bob Bailey. :D But seriously, thank you. I have learned how typical that level of graciousness is in the Seattle-area dive community. I should be there the first week of May - waiting on scheduling a couple of meetings. I'll pm you when I know for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom