Making weight pouches and related.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbolander:
\
Work on the pouches is coming along well - I ended up going to russel sports in calgary and buying 25 pounds of lead shot. I'm making pouches between the weights of 1.5 pounds all the way up to 5 pounds.

Probably a bit late to mention this (or maybe it was already mentioned), but if you use a mix of 2 or 3 different sizes of shot you'll get better packing, which equals smaller size for a given weight.

rbolander:
\
I didn't account for the buoyancy of the neoprene I am using, but its such a small ammount I doubt it will account for much. As well, I plan on testing my weight setup before I go on dives, which should be a pretty good indicator as to what the true 'weight' of my weights are.

I made some with tubular webbing, which ahs the advantage that it doesn't really float. Probably not much harder to work with then neoprene, and a hell of a lot tougher. You can get it from most outdoors shops (i.e. MEC).

rbolander:
\
On a side note, the same scubashop who tried to deak me out on the weight equipment refused to take back a defective wetsuit without cost after the crotch tore in half 2 weeks after purchase with only 5 pool dives on it. After some persistance I explained they damn well were going to fix the wetsuit for free - and they did. :censored:
Cheers

It's good that you fought for it, although I'm suppressed that even they gave you trouble with this. You'd think there would be a manufacturers warrantee on a flaw like that.

Bryan

I use my wife's ols knee high stockings, a digital mail scale and lead shot to make my soft weights. Just measure the weight you want, pour in stocking, twist bring back thru, twist bring back thru and tie a knot. I mark the weights with a colored marker, white 1#, blue 2#, red 3#, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom