Closed Mako KA 14 compressor needs new home

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindaJM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum, I hope I do it correctly. I apologize in advance for anything I do improperly. November 1971 my father purchased a KA 14 Mako compressor. It was used for a few years, no more than four, and has been in his garage since then. My dad was a mechanic and took care of his equipment. We would now like to rehome this compressor. Can anybody offer any advice on a fair selling/purchase price? We still have all the original paperwork, manuals, and parts lists. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I hope I can find where to look for the responses! LOL

Probably not worth all that much given that it is both very old/low pressure and also 3-phase

I would suspect $1k-$1500 ish is about what it would go for unfortunately.

Same compressor as offered in 2014?

Yes it is. Still in the garage in Chicago area. Purchased in 1971 Only used for personal use to fill our family tanks. Actual running time, the compressor probably has less than 50 hours running time it. I have several pictures of it. Not familiar with how these forums work. We are just trying to find out how much it might be worth and the best way to sell it for a fair value to someone.

Probably not worth all that much given that it is both very old/low pressure and also 3-phase

I would suspect $1k-$1500 ish is about what it would go for unfortunately.

Hello,
Thank you for you input. If know of anyone who might be interest in the compressor please let me know. It was purchased new in 1971 and was only used for 3-4 years. In total it probably has less than 50 hrs running time. I have several pics if anyone is interested. Not sure how to them up on this forum.

Hello,
Thank you for you input. If know of anyone who might be interest in the compressor please let me know. It was purchased new in 1971 and was only used for 3-4 years. In total it probably has less than 50 hrs running time. I have several pics if anyone is interested. Not sure how to them up on this forum.
When making a post, click on upload a file, and attach your photos.

K14  pic1.jpg
K14 pic 2.jpg
K14 pic 3.jpg
K14 pic 8.jpg
K14 pic 10.jpg
Here are some pics

That is a 4 cfm 3200 psi k14-85. It is a good machine unless it needs a 4th stage. Parts are not available and it will have to be made by a machine shop or a captitano third stage machined to fit. Unfortunately, with the lack of filtration and a three phase motor, you are probably looking at $1000 in operating condition. As is, unknown and untested, you are closer to $250. I have owned several of these machines, they are a great workhorse low speed low heat machine if somebody wants to build a nice nitrox blender for their house.

That is a 4 cfm 3200 psi k14-85. It is a good machine unless it needs a 4th stage. Parts are not available and it will have to be made by a machine shop or a captitano third stage machined to fit. Unfortunately, with the lack of filtration and a three phase motor, you are probably looking at $1000 in operating condition. As is, unknown and untested, you are closer to $250. I have owned several of these machines, they are a great workhorse low speed low heat machine if somebody wants to build a nice nitrox blender for their house.

Thank you for the info. As you can tell, we had no idea on the value. I f you know of anyone that might be interested for $250 - $300 please have them contact me. It turns freely by hand and could be plugged in to the electrical outlet to make sure it at least operates. It would have to be picked up in Villa Park IL

Back
Top Bottom