MAKO Spearguns: Branded Latex (Primeline)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Caution When Buying Speargun Bands

campaign-latex-tubing-with-logo.jpg

Hey Guys,
As you know, all those expensive foreign brands use the exact same factories as I do.
But, because I sell direct to divers, instead of through dive shops, my prices are often much lower.
And, when it comes to Speargun Bands, a few of us use Primeline Industries to produce our latex tubing. Most people know that

Primeline latex tubing is the absolute highest quality latex tubing in the world for speargun bands. Although I only sell direct to divers, (no distributors and no dive shops), there were reports of persons selling lower quality European or Chinese latex tubing and they were calling it MAKO Latex tubing. There were reports of this happening to one of my well respected competitors as well.

Working directly with Primeline Industries, we now have our name watermarked discretely, with disappearing ink on our tubing, so you know you are getting the highest quality, 100% genuine Primeline latex tubing and it prevents certain individuals from selling cheap European or Chinese speargun bands and calling them MAKO speargun bands or any other legitimate authorized reseller of Primeline latex.

http://bit.ly/mako-bands

The MAKO Spearguns disappearing ink watermark is your confirmation you have received authentic MAKO Spearguns latex tubing. Please note the watermark will fade or can be rubbed off.

Thanks guys for taking time to read this. And as always, a big thanks to our customers. I really appreciate your support.

Dive safe,
dano

Is there a difference between the spear bands you sell that are sourced from Primeline Industries and the ones that I can buy directly from Primeline? I know that I'd have to buy huge quantities from Primeline if I buy from them direct but I am just curious about the difference in the bands.

Thanks for asking. There is such a temptation for people to sell lesser quality latex (which has a significantly lower cost) and misidentify it as Primeline Latex that we have decided to have our new latex labeled with "MAKO Spearguns" on it. This should help to ensure authentication of the source of our Primeline Rubber.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Speargun-Bands-by-Primeline-p/mbr-bk.htm

I don't think the labeling affects the properties of the material itself, so if you buy direct from them it will be the "same" latex as we sell (without the labeling of course).

The problem with buying a large quantity at one time is that the material ages and you want to be using fresh stock as much as is possible. Not sure of the exact shelf life, but it is not indefinite. We go through a lot of latex, as you might imagine.

You also referenced "bands" which I assume you mean to indicate bulk latex. With respect to the bands, we tie all our own speargun bands on the day the gun (or pre-fabricated band) is ordered from us by our staff in Virginia.

Thanks
Dano

Dano,

I just wanted to make sure that their bands and yours are exact same thing. I'd have to buy a ton of their latex to come close to your prices, so it doesn't make sense financially to do it unless I am selling lots of it on regular basis here. I am merely checking on the difference and not trying to circumvent you out of the loop :)

You need to get on the ball and start making guns ASAP however.

Another

Some years ago Jack Prodonovic of Bottom Scratcher fame down in San Diego
tested all available rubber sling material available at that time.

His testing identified as "High Modulus" black rubber as the idea for spear guns.

I and I guess every spearfisherman and woman in SoCal purchased new sling material from him. My purchase was in feet & yards since my son Sam IV and I were very active in spearfishing at that time.

I still have several yards of the rubber which has been stored in a 50 Cal Ammo box for all these years -- I just tested it a few days ago -- still appears to be acceptable -- when stretched on the sling tester no cracks or deterioration was noticed and it reacted as if new .

Could this be the same or similar sling material you are using on your slings and guns ?

Hombre, keep up the good work

SAM

Good to know where to find the actual Primline rubbers, here in Europe you have a 50/50 when you are buying them, either the real deal or garbage knockoff that you can throw out after a few uses.

Sam:

I'm not sure about the history of Primeline, or the source of your rubber, but based on our considerable research, we feel confident that it is the best material currently available for speargun use.

Thanks
Dano

Are there more than two factories making the speargun band rubber? I thought that there were only two factories, Primeline in the US and one in China were most European gun makers buy it from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom