MAKO Spearguns: DIY Buzz Bomb Flasher

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey El Supremo,

Man! You remember the toy cricket? I heard they were used by our paratroopers during the landing at Normandy. That is how they located one another during night drops. Is that true?

Great bio on your son. You must be very proud. If you guys ever come to Virginia Beach, or the Outer Banks, you are more than welcome to stay at my house. It would be an honor to take you guys to some of my favorite dive spots. And, I have lots of white tail on my property too, in case you come in the late fall.

Dive safe,
dano

Dano,
I and son Sam Iv appreciate your offer - but we are Kalifornians -- It is too humid and we melt and if we get wet we dissolve--However! You never know who might pull up at your door--- some day!

According to an American movie of the early 1960s "The longest day" the US paratroopers used the crickets as signals of recognition. Very few WW11 vets remaining

We used Crickets for California Yellow tail up to abut 1970 the they disappeared from the market place. Probably unsafe for children ?

I am a Korean war vet. Closer to 90 than 80, but still gong strong. As I think I previously mentioned I an still shooting fish in 50 feet of water. I lie on the surface with a 10 foot long spear gun shoot a 40 foot line straight down ---bound to hit something on the way down so far nothing has been stuck pulling the spear up--but some day ..........

Sam IV is on his way to be Chief of staff at his hospital - Currently has a lot of professional obligations. But you never know where his next conference will be..

He has been diving a lot in Hawaii...jump on a plane, take a nap and you are there.

Some years ago prior to his first visit I suggested that he carry all his certifications as an Instructor, NAUI (Life) PADI and SSI Pro 5000.

Sure enough a fuzzy faced DM checked every ones certificates. Sam IV,asked "Which ones he wanted to check?" The DM wanted the highest level so he gave him SSI Pro 5000.

The late model tube sucking bubble blower DM had never encountered a Pro 5000 so he checked with the Captain/Owner who educated the DM on the Pro 5000 honor.

Sam IV had a conversation with the Captain who agreed there was no need be "checked out" by the DM and follow him around like a bunch of ducks- would it be acceptable if he just grab a tank and slip over board ?

The Captain agreed and he did for two dives.

On the return trip, there was a once a year vacation diver complaining about imagined diving problems. It was a small boat so Sam IV began asking the diver questions about the dive profile and his experience. The DM was some what miffed that Sam IV was "intruding " on his responsibility and authority and inquired "Are you also a diving EMT?" to which Sam IV replied "No I am a ER & Hyperbaric Doc"

The captain over heard the conversation and joined in, Sam IV was the very first Scripps trained hyperbaric doc they had ever had on his boat. He invited Sam IV any time he was in the islands to jump on board - no charge

Sam IV has a new dear diving friend-- every trip to the islands they get together - some times for a dive some times just to catch up..

Oh! tha dazzz of our dives...

El Supremo ( aka Sam,111).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom