MAKO Spearguns: Rocks Socks, Line Keeper, Flag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I’m totally stoked to announce some new products, now available on the MAKOspearguns.com website.

As most divers know, I use the exact same factories that the expensive brands use. So, I can guarantee the highest quality in my dive gear. However, I only sell direct to divers. Not through dive shops. Therefore, my prices on the same high quality gear is much less. (No dive shop markup).

Same factories – Same high quality – No dive shop markup

O.K. Guys, onto the new gear…

The new MAKO Spearguns “Rock Socks” with Kevlar Soles, made with 100% Genuine YAMAMOTO Neoprene.

Specifically designed for California Shore Divers, these freedive socks are the most durable socks available.

And, did I say, these awesome socks are made using only the highest quality 100% Genuine YAMAMOTO Neoprene? I did, but it is worth repeating.

YAMAMOTO Neoprene is the highest quality neoprene in the world. That’s why all of my MAKO wetsuits are made of 100% YAMAMOTO Neoprene.
MRSKS-2T.jpg

Rock Socks with Kevlar Soles | MAKO Spearguns
And, just like my masks, fins, knives and other gear, my socks and wetsuits are also made at the exact same factories that are used by the expensive brands. But, as I mentioned, I sell direct to divers. Not through dive shops. So, my prices for the same or higher quality gear is actually much less.

Price: $34.95 per pair

The MAKO Spearguns “Shooting Line Keeper” is a cool little product that is keeps your mono shooting line nicely organized and well protected from nicks and cuts. The Velcro closure allows it to be attached to your spear when traveling or it can be used to protect your spare mono, stored in your dive bag. Don’t lose that big one because of a damaged shooting line.

Speargun Mono Wallet | MAKO Spearguns

MSSLK-2T.jpg

Price $5.95 each

Boat Dive Flag

Made specifically for boats, the MAKO Spearguns Boat Dive Flag is made of durable vinyl material which will outlast any nylon or cloth dive flag on the market.

MBFLG-2T.jpg

Boat Dive Flag | MAKO Spearguns

Measuring 24 inches wide x 20.5 inches tall, this Florida legal dive flag includes 3 rust resistant brass eyelets for attaching to your pole.

The Boat Dive Flag also includes a sewn in diagonal stiffener rod (required by Florida FWC) to keep the flag displayed properly even without wind.
Price: $10.95

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot for taking time to read this. In closing, I also want to take a moment to thank all of you for your support. The success we have had could not be possible without you.

With your support, I will continue to work with the exact same, high quality, factories that are used by the expensive brands, thus producing the highest quality gear, available direct to you, without the dive shop markups.

Dive safe,

dano

Boots or line keeper
"Don't need any skink'en boots or line keeper !"
(Sincere apologies to the 1940s movie "The Treasure of Sierra Madre" )

Your red & white dive flag did attract my attention--

*** it is displayed up side down- White stripe should go from upper left to lower right !

*** The dimensions established in the late 1950s was 4 units high X 5 units wide X 1 unit stripe and the colors were to be Neon orange or flame Orange instead of red Manufactures of that pioneering era discovered Orange was a difficult color to duplicate and settled on red ( I have probably the last remaining Neon Orange flag )....They also discovered it was more economical to produce a square flag..

Thus the square divers flag with a red with a white stripe flag was created ...which is now the worlds standard for recreational dividing.

*** Battens or stiffeners of the flag have been around in one form or another since the flags inception--Matter of fact my neon orange flag has a wire stiffer and it dates from 1958-9 maybe 1960 ( I suspect you were not alive at that time and if you were alive you were not involved in the diving community.)

I suspect you have a winner in your flag --good quality --decent affordable price and certainly needed in the emerging diving community which is jammed pact with super heroes who "Don't need no stink'en flags !"
(until they are struck by a boat ! )

Keep up the good work providing divers with solid dependable and above all affordable products

SDM

Thanks for your input and positive feedback Sir!

I think we used the "backwards" photo to help emphasize the stiffener.

Also, I really think these socks might be what some scuba divers are looking for.

Freedivers almost exclusively use a full foot pocket (meaning no adjustable heel strap) because the full foot pocket provides better support, improved energy transfer when kicking and it also eliminates buckles, clips or other appurtenances which can catch on fishing line or a floatline etc.

However, dive "boots" (having a thick sole) are not compatible with a full foot pocket, so people generally will use neoprene socks, fabric socks or some even go barefoot. A "sock" does not provide much foot protection or abrasion resistance when walking over rocks or traveling any distance on foot when carrying heavy scuba gear.

Our new "rock sock" includes a thin kevlar sole that provides a good bit of foot protection and considerable abrasion protection, yet still allows the use of a full foot fin. Some might consider this the best of both worlds. The thicker sole does cause a 1/2 size jump in the effective foot size - as described on our website.

I am anxious to get some feedback from scuba divers about these socks - I think they will like them.

Thanks!

Dano

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom