malapascua in august 07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
please tell me if its worth the trip (the quality of diving during that month, the beach, the food, the seclusion).

pakman:
how long can you survive without freshwater showers?...

No freshwater?

well it's brackish water...

there is bottled drinking water...

and tanduay rum

and coke

pakman:
well it's brackish water...

there is bottled drinking water...

and tanduay rum

and coke

Just like Panglao. The water there tasted funny.

you don't want to taste the brackish water in Malapascua unless you want to get sick. Can barely make the soap lather...

Anyways back to Mags question. Yes it's worth it for a 2-3 day trip, maybe 4. Any longer and you'd probably get bored unless you get the shop to take you to some of the far away wrecks.

If you want seclusion/romantic and a nice beach, go to Cabilao! In fact I'll offer to come along and shaperone you kids ... j/k :eyebrow: Anyways, check Dennis' recent report on Cabilao and chill out at Polaris.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

babes bathed in rum.

Two of my fantasies in one...

:)

I think August is the start of the Manta migration in Malapascua, check with TSD. You can dive Monad in the morning for Thresher and afternoon for the Mantas.

rhadamantus:
please tell me if its worth the trip (the quality of diving during that month, the beach, the food, the seclusion).

I think it's worth the trip. Make sure to check out Gato Island and the lighthouse night dive for Mandarin fish. I recommend the chicken Fajitas at Sunsplash. I stay at the Wobbly Boot Resort (Kwan Bar) they have bungalos for 850 pesos or so with private bath, fan - some have taken issue with the place but just make sure the water is turned on to your unit and there are no leaking faucets. They do have a swimming pool too. Otherwise there are plenty of other places to stay with ac and varying price ranges. Shop around because I don't think it will be very busy.

In response to the guys comments on water. I haven't been there during that month but have in May and November. In May at the end of the dry season the well water is a little brackish (I wouldn't drink it at any time). There might be a little sulphur smell to the water but I have never had much issue with it or getting a good soap lather. By August I wouldn't think water scent would be much of a concern.

Back
Top Bottom