Maldives 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James R

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We had a great trip to the Maldives on the Manthiri. Here are some shots from the trip. All D810 in Nauticam housing and two z-240 strobes. Different lenses as listed.

Sleepy | Nikon D810 16-35/4 & Zen 200mm dome

Maldives - Sleepy Ray - 6138 by James Reynolds, on Flickr

Mantas at cleaning station | Nikon D810 Sigma 15mm FE & Zen 170mm dome

Maldives Manta at Cleaning Station - 5322 by James Reynolds, on Flickr

Nurse at Night (biggest nurse sharks I have ever seen by far) | Nikon D810 Sigma 15mm FE & Zen 170mm dome

Maldives- Nurse Shark at night - 5763 by James Reynolds, on Flickr

Manta in Snell's Window (no vignette added) | Nikon D810 Sigma 15mm FE & Zen 170mm dome

Maldives Manta at Cleaning Station - 6478
by James Reynolds, on Flickr

Maldives Macro (not sure of ID) | Nikon D810 105VR Micro in Port 87

Maldives - ?? - 5748 by James Reynolds, on Flickr

Tiny Soft Coral Crab | Nikon D810 105VR Micro in Port 87 with SMC, manual focus

Maldives - Soft Coral Crab - 5430 by James Reynolds, on Flickr

UMF (usual Maldivian fish) | Nikon D810 105VR Micro in Port 87

Maldives - UMF - 5685 by James Reynolds, on Flickr

More here if you're so inclined -- This one is safe, but some of my albums on Flickr are definitely NOT work safe, so be careful at work if you look around my albums!
https://flic.kr/s/aHskjDrRQ2

Thanks for looking.

Best,

Fantastic photos, must have been one heck of a good trip!

Thanks for the compliment on the images, it was a target rich environment :)

We didn't see any whalesharks, which was really the only negative...I can live with that.

Last edited:
I'm confused. You say in your last post that you didn't see any nurse sharks, yet in your pictures is a nurse shark on night dive (i presume at the pier) was/were largest you've ever seen. Me too!! Actually rode one by accident.

I'll be back in Maldives at the end of the month going on north exploration trip. Apparently we will miss mantas and large nurse shark night dive, so I'm a bit confused as to what we will see. :)

I meant to post that we didn't see any whalesharks. Hah! Good catch! Fixed that :)

Sorry you didn't see any whale sharks. I've only ever seen them from the boat and it was only two or three times though I've been on 3 other Maldives trips. I couldn't ever get in the water fast enough to have had even a slight chance of catching up to those.

There must be a better time of year for whale sharks. What do you think about that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom