Maldives and solar eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mung9948

Registered
Reaction score
I have open spots on a Jan 8-18, 2010 trip to the Maldives on the newest and biggest liveaboard in the country. On Jan 15, 2010 there will be a spectacular Annular Solar Eclipse occurring. This will be the longest eclipse of the century. The new boat boasts a Thai chef serving up asian, local, and international meals, a well stocked wine celler, a Thai masseuse, spa, and large modern staterooms. A 45 ft diving Dhoni will accompany the mother ship. Nitrox is included. I've been to the Maldives 16 times since 1986 and it is still one of my favorite destinations.

.The 130 ft MV Orion, built in 2009 will be our base during the trip
* Accommodations: 5 Queen Double, 3 Twin Cabins, 2 Single cabins,1 Junior Suite, and 1 Executive Suite. each with ensuite shower & head, air conditioning. All living quarters are equipped with the latest technologies offering you the amenities of a TV, DVD player, a private bar, an electronic safe and telephone. Executive suite has private deck area with 2 person Jacuzzi.
* Suites each have a separate bathtub.
* On-board Wi-Fi system.
* Thai masseuse for some relaxing therapy.
* Salon : Dinning is buffet style, lounge with sofas, full service bar, Plasma TV and DVD, Library, and table games.
* 24 hour Concierge service
* Large upper deck public jacuzzi
*Thai chef serving asian, local, and international cuisine
*Extensive wine selection
* Electricity: both 220 & 110 Volts A/C, 12/24 volts DC
* Crew-13, divemaster Hassan is notably the most experienced guide in the country with 15 yrs. of continuously taking divers to the best sites in the country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom