Maldives January - possible to do on reasonable budget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wandererlaowai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello guys,

Considering Maldives for late January (never been so far) but wondering if possible to do it on a budget that would be defined as "reasonable".

Any advice to make it happen is appreciated, the aim is diving, relaxing, nice beach.

Cheers,

Mike

If access to alcohol is not part of your beach vision, there are homestay islands for the budget conscious.

I haven't done this myself but have read a fair amount about the option.

Sample from internet:

Diving the Maldives on a Budget | ZuBlu

Well it depends, what you call “reasonable”?

We’re going in December on a LOB, 1 week we paid 1120 Euro pp. including tax and fee. To me that’s reasonable:)

We booked through “Diving Specials”, they often have great deals for LOB and diving resorts, so maybe consider joining?

Hi Mike,

My name is Jenny. I would be happy to give you insights and also get you a great deal for Maldives liveaboard :) Please contact me over email jenny@divingspecials.com / WhatsApp : +372 55 30417 / skype: jenny.vannari or facebook : Jevgenia Vannari :)

Big ocean hugs!

Definitely do a liveaboard, they are excellent value for the Maldives and the diving is fantastic !

I had visited five local islands (Maafushi, Rasdhoo, Fulidhoo, Dharavandhoo and Dhangethi) and did some diving there.
Local island hotels cost USD$50-100 per room and fun dives cost USD$30-60 per dive.

You may see my photos and welcome to ask me any questions.

Dharavandhoo (Hanifaru Bay):
Just back from Dharavandhoo (Hanifaru Bay) photos

Maafushi:
Just dived & stayed in Maafushi again

Fulidhoo:
Just back from Fulidhoo local island for diving (w/ photos)

Rasdhoo:
Diving Around Local Island Rasdhoo Photos

Dhangethi:
Diving around local island Dhangethi photos (with whaleshark & manta)

When did you go? Would you go back to any of them or recommend them? We are also hoping to go in January and I'd like to hear your thoughts. Currently most of my reading has been about places in South Ari as the internet says that is the most likely spot for mantas and whale sharks in January.

I won't mind going back to any of the above local islands, especially Dharavandhoo and one of the South Ari islands.

Yes, South Ari gives you the highest chance to see whale sharks and mantas.

The best value for the money is definitely a liveboard, because you don't pay the hotel/resort

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom