Maldives Master?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stadevene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
anyone go on a trip with Master Liveaboards? We lucked out on their crazy 50% off special and are on the December 9th “Best of the Central Atolls” trip. Just curious if anyone has direct experience with Master and any insights into the dives. Mostly curious if all the dives will be negative entry with strong currents as we sometimes have issues equalising - especially my wife.

Even if we sit out the odd dive we’re still looking forward to it as The Maldives have been on our list for a long time.

I don't have experience with that boat.

You should be ready that majority of dives will be in current, sometimes it can be very strong.

We did a live aboard in June last year but not with Master. We were advised that there was always the possibility any particular entry would need to be a negative entry. We ended up not having to do any (although I did do one at the start just to check I could if I needed to as it was not a skill I'd ever needed to do before).

Currents can be swift. Some were very strong and I'd estimate probably two thirds of the dives had a moderate to strong (but not overwhelming) current.

We did a liveaboard in that region, not the Master. Beyond the first dive or 2 obviously selected for a checkout, all dives had current - occasionally so insane that I wished I were not in the water, and sometimes we had to fight them. (I didn't understand a few of their dive site/plan choices.) I remember a decent number of negative entries, problematic for me as I also have cranky ears that don't like that sort of thing. I don't know how typical my experience was, but I'm not inclined to repeat it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom