Maldives or Christmas Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_lover88

Contributor
Reaction score
Singapore...(A nice city where i'm loving it!!)(".
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, i'm planning a long trip in sept...at first was thinking of sipadan. Now after some thoughts, my thoughts have swayed from sipadan to the maldives and christmas island. It's because i dont want to go transit as it takes up time and also precious diving time i could be doing instead of waiting in an airport terminal.

how is the conditions at maldives during that time and also at christmas island?

Unless you are doing a liveaboard that meets you when you arrive in the Maldives you will need to go by speedboat or seaplane to another Maldive island.

As far as I know there is a once a week charter flight to Christmas Island, operated by SilkAir, on Saturdays. There is a daily Singapore Airline flight to Maldives.

Diving at the two places is very different. On Christmas there is one major operator. When I was last there he had one boat that held six divers. In the Maldives there are many, many choices of boats, islands, etc. When I was at Christmas they did two morning dives.

September used to be a transition month in terms of Maldive weather. Sometimes windy and rainy.

Me and my wife were on Lohifushi/Maldives in september '05, 8 days we had perfect weather but still if it's raining you can dive.

I was in the maldives last May & going again this May. The diving is great. And from what I hear divable year round. Its livaboard Heven!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom