Maldives vs Seychelles Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Raja Ampat too. PNG has similar diversity, with even more unique species and much fewer divers and boats. There are half a dozen resorts and 2 regular liveaboards covering almost half a million square kilometres, and four different bodies of water. My personal favourite resorts are Tufi, Walindi, and Lissenung. Both liveaboards, the Oceania and Febrina cover the same itineraries and have common owners. The Oceania is the newer boat, fully refitted last year, and takes 16 divers. Febrina takes 12. The 9 and 10-night itineraries to Kimbe Bay, Witu islands, and Fathers Reefs are my favourites, though South Coast New Britain is also excellent. Diving from the capital, Port Moresby, or from nearby Loloata Island, is also very good and worth a few days at least. I've dived all over PNG in the last 9 years, done over 700 dives there. You can find out more at www.bestofpng.com

I've been to Raja Ampat too. PNG has similar diversity, with even more unique species and much fewer divers and boats. There are half a dozen resorts and 2 regular liveaboards covering almost half a million square kilometres, and four different bodies of water. My personal favourite resorts are Tufi, Walindi, and Lissenung. Both liveaboards, the Oceania and Febrina cover the same itineraries and have common owners. The Oceania is the newer boat, fully refitted last year, and takes 16 divers. Febrina takes 12. The 9 and 10-night itineraries to Kimbe Bay, Witu islands, and Fathers Reefs are my favourites, though South Coast New Britain is also excellent. Diving from the capital, Port Moresby, or from nearby Loloata Island, is also very good and worth a few days at least. I've dived all over PNG in the last 9 years, done over 700 dives there. You can find out more at www.bestofpng.com

Thank you! Such a coincidence because I just watched a video by a vlogger on Oceania last night. I found it too brief a peek.

Back
Top Bottom