Mall of America Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnj1233

Contributor
Reaction score
My niece will be diving at the mall this weekend. My job to provide the gear. Anyone tell me the temps she will experience so I can gear her up appropriately. At present Im sending a 3mil, 5mil, booties, gloves and a hood. Will she need a 7mil I can send a farmer john if needed.

Thanks in Advance.

mnj1233:
Called them but NO response, hence I turned to all of you!!!!
OK, since it's an aquarium, my best guess would be that the 3mm (full?) should be sufficient. So with a 5mm with hood, booties and gloves she would have more than enough protection.

First off I have never dove the mall. I thought I would and looked into it before visiting there. They will eventually answer an e-mail. After I got the details of the dive, my wallet had other ideas. The dive is, ummmm, rather pricy. I can boat dive here in Los Angeles for about $70.00 less than what they charge to dive their aquiarium. But still, if your in MN then that is what you have. The mall has two tanks, freshwater and salt water. I am told it is 30 minutes in each tank. That ought to be interesting trying to get your weighting right. But hopefully you have time to adjust your weights between dives. I really don't know what temps to expect either. Let us know what she thought of the dive.

The aquarium is nice to walk thru.

Both pools are about the same temp. 70 some degrees. I think I wore a 3 mil full. A hood is required. You'll want gloves for feeding. If you contact them, they will give more detail as to what is needed. If you bring visitors, let them know it will be about 30 to 45 minutes between dives so they can walk around and look at more exhibits.
One other thing, they need to know where your equipment did it's last dive. Type of water, etc.

DET:
Both pools are about the same temp. 70 some degrees. I think I wore a 3 mil full. A hood is required. You'll want gloves for feeding. If you contact them, they will give more detail as to what is needed. If you bring visitors, let them know it will be about 30 to 45 minutes between dives so they can walk around and look at more exhibits.
One other thing, they need to know where your equipment did it's last dive. Type of water, etc.

What would be the correct answer to the last place it was dove??? Are they worried about zebra muscles etc.

I've dove at the New England Aqarium and I seem to remember that I just wore a bathing suit. They seemed to want to introduce as little outside influences as possible, and they limited our bottom time to 30min. I'd ask the divers at the aquarium what they recomend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom