Trip Report MALPELO review on the Ferox liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello I live in Colombia, yesterday the col governement declared no flights in Colombia until 30 May. I am in a big doubt of flights in June specially because of corona nr in US. Also if there are flights for sure you have to stay 14 days in Lockdown. Marine traffic also closed except cargo

Hello I live in Colombia, yesterday the col governement declared no flights in Colombia until 30 May. I am in a big doubt of flights in June specially because of corona nr in US. Also if there are flights for sure you have to stay 14 days in Lockdown. Marine traffic also closed except cargo
I'm sorry to hear that, but not surprised. I'm doing a half boat charter with Sten Johansson. If my trip is cancelled for this year, there is a slot for me on any of the three charters they are running in the summer of 2021. I would really like to go this summer :)

From 27th on the Lockdown will be Version light, some industries can go back to work. So numbers will increase fast for sure, and there will be new complete / differentr Lockdowns in ordered by cities and Departments, when they reach 70% of available Instensive beds, so probaly not a good idea and anyway if there will be flights you have to undero 14 days of Lockdown, and you won´t be able to travel from Cali to Buenaventura in my opinion. So be preparedd for next year.

I just got this message from the Dept of State, not looking very favorable for my trip in June. Thank you @Maus for your posts. Please let me know if you hear more.

upload_2020-4-21_17-35-9.png

Hi guys - we also have a European Group trip for May 31-Jun 13 on the FEROX and although awaiting official cancellation - I don't see it happening !! Will keep you posted when I hear more. Anyone for Bahamas in July !!

No spaces on FEROX for September but we have following in August and October

19.08.2020 28.08.2020 Dive Liveaboards Malpelo Ferox 9 nights from Colombia - Max 12 guests - Free nitrox - final 2 spaces Twin private bath $5050 pp plus Park fees @ $40 per dive day 2

01.10.2020 10.10.2020 Dive Liveaboards Malpelo Ferox 9 nights from Colombia - Max 12 guests - Free nitrox - 1 space in main deck Single with bathroom from $5100 and two Master Double cabins $5050 pp - plus Park fees @ $40 per dive day

Water Temp: from January to April 26 C 70 27 C on surface and from 24 down to 16 C under Thermocline. Thermocline can start at 15 to 20 m

April to December 27/28 C on surface and 24 to 21 C under Thermocline. During this time Thermocline starts normally below 25 m or can even disappear completely.

These temps are from a few years ago and as we know, everything changes but there are some sites where you go thru the thermocline and it gets chilly. However the nice part is ascending when it then feels like a warm bath :)

Dom, International flights are cancelled by the Col Gov until 31 May so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom