Mammoth Park ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Sunday vis was 8 to 10ft. Water temp was 73 above 23 ft. Below 23 ft temp dropped to 64. In some places vis was more than 10ft.

Anyone heard anything about Mammoth lately such as temps, viz...

Thanks

Charlie

Most of them have been dead for at least 10,000 years so I'm sure they are quite cold by now.

Was there today, surface was about 73, thermocline at around 20ft and 66, and the coldest it got was 63 in the deep hole. Viz was really nice today, about 10-15ft.

I have no idea where you saw 10-15'! I was there yesterday and today, spent a good 6 hours underwater and never saw more than about 12'. Some areas in the mud flats were as low as 3-4'. Average was 6'-8'.

My computer read 74 surface temp with a consistent drop to 71 at 22'. At 23' there was a thermocline that dropped to 66 and and then 62 at the bottom of deep hole at 59'.

All around a good weekend of diving, place was almost empty!

Were you at the back with the Bay Area Divers? My first time at that lake, but my buddy goes pretty often. My new favorite local lake, a lot nicer than 288. We hit around the deep hole and the C130, pretty clear and could see pretty far down the length of the plane (and the other jet down there, I don't know what it is?).

Na I was in a small group on entry 2. If you saw some people diving steel doubles that was me and my wife. We had several new divers with us that did not help the vis...

Were you at the back with the Bay Area Divers? My first time at that lake, but my buddy goes pretty often. My new favorite local lake, a lot nicer than 288. We hit around the deep hole and the C130, pretty clear and could see pretty far down the length of the plane (and the other jet down there, I don't know what it is?).

that would be the F-5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom