Man drowns while diving off island of Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

really...this is all ya got?

If you are asking me, personally, yeah, it's a story from a major reporting outlet.

If you are asking the Cozumel dive community, I can't help you there. I was hoping to see more input, especially with the restrictions on diving on the island.

It surprised me that stories about dive accidents in remote locations of Europe get more traction, but what do I know?

It says "An elderly man", 64 years old. Really, 64 years old is elderly?

It says "An elderly man", 64 years old. Really, 64 years old is elderly?

I just turned 70, so felt a little offended by that, as well.

From this thread: Cozumel diving related death 19-June-2020
Show host and columnist José 'Pepillo' Origel confirmed that his cousin died today, drowned, while diving off the coast of this island.

The death occurred in front of the Fiesta Americana Hotel, at kilometer 7.5 in the southern area, at about 10 in the morning.

Paramedics from a private company arrived at the place, but they could do nothing because this person, 64 years old, had already died.

"In Cozumel my first cousin Sergio López Padilla died this morning, rest in peace," the regional journalist wrote on his Twitter account.

This is the first drowning in Cozumel since tourism was revived two weeks ago.

Scuba diving or free diving? I ask because the paramedics found him on the beach.

(What would elderly have meant to you when you were 25?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom