Man rescued from submerged car sues dive team.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. .......
Now let's get this moved to the pub where the usual crowd can go to and fro about the evils of torts and how it's all the fault of lawyers and politicians. Ho hum. :argument:

With all due respect to the legal professionals, I'd be willing to bet that some scum sucking ambulance chaser prompted this lawsuit, NOT a legitamite attorney. If they want to continue the suit, the sheriffs dept, fire and rescue should recreate the accident scene and put him back. That way everything will be back to normal.

With all due respect to the legal professionals, I'd be willing to bet that some scum sucking ambulance chaser prompted this lawsuit, NOT a legitamite attorney. If they want to continue the suit, the sheriffs dept, fire and rescue should recreate the accident scene and put him back. That way everything will be back to normal.

Like I said, this conversation has fark all to do with SCUBA. Someone please move this to the pub where the usual suspects (like LC) can hack it to death.

(Oh BTW, if they had a time machine and could do that, the estate would sue because no rescuers came on time!).

This forum is used to discuss SCUBA accidents. The rescuers were not divers nor was the victim a diver.

The article states:
The document specifically names Boulder County sheriff's deputies, a member of the Westminster dive team, Broomfield and North Metro Fire Rescue District.

The article states:
The document specifically names Boulder County sheriff's deputies, a member of the Westminster dive team, Broomfield and North Metro Fire Rescue District.

It does not matter if Jacques Costeau or Sheck Exley came back to life and rescued him. This forum is to discuss diving accidents. Not to discuss the politics of the tort system. Duh. That's for the pub.

Then click the report post button state your case and see what happens.

It does not matter if Jacques Costeau or Sheck Exley came back to life and rescued him. This forum is to discuss diving accidents. Not to discuss the politics of the tort system. Duh. That's for the pub.

This is not an example of "how the legal system is screwed up". It would be screwed up if he were NOT able to sue. If you want that system, go to Russia or North Korea. It's what happens AFTER that establishes how screwed up our system is. This should be quashed unless someone determines that the road should have been closed and his accident resulted because no action was taken. I agree that the rescuers should be immune from any lawsuit. That's plain ridiculous.

Still it's this type of suit that still costs everybody money that could be better used for something else. Every time there is a storm they announce a thousand times that you do not drive through water. These waters rise very quickly sometimes in minutes. He was acting stupidly road closed or not.

Can we sue him for stupidity? Perhaps I should rephrase that as "It is my opinion that he should be sued for stupidity"

Back
Top Bottom