Man this is an expensive sport!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My girlfriend and I are going to our dive shop tonight and checking out 2 complete kits for 2 complete newbies.

Our problem is not so much the hear, but the fact that our iddy biddy car struggles to carry it all, so that means time for a new car and I get to kiss my motorbike goodbye ;-0

I have a pickup, but rarely use it to haul the gear. The 350 small block loves gas, gets around 8 miles to the gallon! So for now the Beamer does the deed, but I will most likely end up selling it soon or else our planned baby would have to ride on the hood. :)

I was at the Boston Sea Rovers scuba clinic yesterday and tired on a DUI 350TLS -- I don't know how I'm going to resist buying one of these for very long (except the price). I think the "non-diving wife payback" price for my Cobra/Atomic reg/Drysuit has now risen to a new house......

Well, we went to our local dive store last night.

Didnt actually buy anything but did get some ideas.
My girlfriend is definately keen on the Seaquest Diva BC, there was a kit there with the aqualung Micra second stage and LPO Occy, the kit was complete with tank and gauges.
Then we hit our first problem " I wanna computer" and the price jumps suddenly. It would have been ok but my girlfriend wants the suunto vyper.
Then my turn,"I wanna computer too" and once again the price jumps, the cobra looks nice !!!!!
Then it came to my BC, I was looking at the Seaquest Maverick but of course if I want to do some more technical diving or cavern and sinkhole diving (which I really want to do) then I will need a different BC. So then out comes the Dive Rite Transpac ???. Ohhhhhhh, that looks cool and it's only a couple of hundred dollars more !!!

So, after looking at regs, tanks etc, my girlfriend had come to the conclusion that she has to send me out to work the streets so we can afford it ;-0

I have to support the habbit some how???

Mick

Mick, there's some room on my corner :D LOL Don't blame me people, how else do you think I afford all this new gear!?

Back
Top Bottom