Manatee Springs Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We were at manatee and the sink both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we were the only divers in either area so when the students silted up, it wasn't too critcal alothough with six noncerts, and three certs, it silted up fast. Maneater had a rough time equalizing but did very well on all skills.
Unfortunately she had problems today pressurizing and couldn't get her mask R&R done.
(So no cert until she can complete those two skills and reach depth) Hoping for early Nov for that.

The sink cleared quickly but the water level had dropped signficantly from Saturday by this morning!
It had dropped a whole steps height!

The main spring was absolutely gorgeous today and I almost finished the 27 exp roll of film on the thousand catfish in the main spring!

There were numerous groups of cats covering the bottom and the striped minnows in the sink were very plentiful.

Weather was awesome and the crowd wasn't bad either.
I was told that when the instructor, my wife and I arrived at 9:15, we took the 24th registered diver's slot!

She said Sundays, pople are usually waiting in line for the park to open!
Gibbon was with us on Sunday and was freediving to twenty feet easilly! He wasn't able to join us on Sunday, though.
Unfortunately for Maneater, an aborted dive was made, but I told her, better to err on the side of safety.
It was still an awesome day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom