Manning Up Trip Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been on Quiescence boats when they had divers and snorkelers on the same trip. They are a six pack operator located in KL.

Conch Republic Divers has a smaller boat and if you have enough participants, you might be able to charter the island hopper. They are in Tavernier.

You can beach dive and snorkel in Lauderdale by the Sea. Gold Coast Scuba can rent gear and give you advice.

There are places in the Keys where you can take mangrove tours on kayaks. I've never done it, so you probably have to Google it.

Lots of places to fish in the Keys too. There are many charters between Tavernier and Marathon... That's sort of a manly activity

You guys have some really great ideas. WISH that we could go to Hawaii, but we have to work within several time and budget constraints. Diving with sharks would be very manly, though!

We only have 2-1/2 days to do stuff, and although I'd love to dive, only a few of us are certified, and we don't have the time for guys to cert. Is there such a thing as "extreme snorkeling"??? ha.

@sportxlh has a great point about surfing and diving/snorkeling not usually being compatible.

Any suggestions on how to mix certified/non cert guys in one dive trip? There will be about 15-20 of us.

I'd go sport fishing. If you don't catch any fish you can catch a buzz or both. Jet ski tour around Key West is 40 miles and is a blast. "norkelen is cheap common denominator to get a group that size in the ocean, reserve the whole boat for your crew.

.. Is there such a thing as "extreme snorkeling"???

Y E S !! I think I know what your are trying to accomplish. Do an event that will have your group talking about for years to come with pictures to show proof to their friends and make them jealous they missed the event.

It's in West Palm Beach..Contact my friend Ryan who runs his charters on Tony's boat at Cracker Charters. His clients include many pro athletes and celebrity's, but his prices are very reasonable. His video's and references are all on FB and at the end of the event, I'll guarantee that your entire group will actually come home 100% more knowledgable and understanding of our local waters to share with others.

.. Any suggestions on how to mix certified/non cert guys in one dive trip? There will be about 15-20 of us.

It's Just Snorkeling so your whole group can participate together. He can handle groups from 6 up to 20 people in the water at one time and he is a certified instructor with all equipment needed. He can setup & combine places for the group to stay also. Mention my SB board name when you contact him, I'll probably see him tonite at the Florida Scuba Divers & Freediver's party in WPB

His link is:
Wildlife Tours and Expeditions with Ryan Walton!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom