Manufacturing/replication offer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you drop a few 0s on your share of the order?

(Something about counting and chickens seems relevant.)

Aim for 70 Duro to start with

The confidence in potential supplier just went up, thanks to you... 45 seconds ago a Ms. Helen Zhang recommended duro 70 for diaphragm use in a breathing machine.

Not to waste a lead: If anyone wants 100 banjo fittings for 800$ in c360 brass I know a guy who wouldn't mind machining them.
I've told him the project is on the back burner and he is happy currently so he'd pick it up again if we ask.

Cameron

How about something fairly simple, reproduction silicone diaphragms for Healthways single Hose regs...I'd take a couple. They are an odd size, nothing else fits.

Edit: I meant the diaphragm of the second stage

First vague estimate from a reputable company came back:

"Mold 130$, we can copy your sample.
The following is the reference range of unit price. $5.5~$12
Because we didnt see the sample, the price is really uncertain and will depend on the kind of stainless steel too."

No MOQ.

That's something.
Cameron

Ps. @Sam Miller III I was grateful to enjoy the previous version of your post. Having dove healthways regs for a few hundred dives personally and currently own 4 (1 comfortably functional as of 2017) I enjoy learning more of their history.

Last edited:
Hi Cameron
Just wondering on how your project is progressing... any updates?

I don’t see any practical advantage of the Hope/Paige over the DSV from VDH but I’m not to driven by nostalgia, on the other hand I have no other suggestions other than easy to install weight plates for the freedom plate.
Cast a wedge weight that fits down into the rail and is held in place by the tank? Notch the center of the weight bar where the center bar is on the rail and it will stay locked in place.
You could probably get 4 lbs of lead in there.

Cast a wedge weight that fits down into the rail and is held in place by the tank? Notch the center of the weight bar where the center bar is on the rail and it will stay locked in place.
You could probably get 4 lbs of lead in there.
I was able to get 7 lbs under the rail but I don’t use the rail any longer because I switch between the Kraken and single hose to often. I just use pouches on the waist belt now but may end up with the rail on there again.

Did you drop a few 0s on your share of the order?

(Something about counting and chickens seems relevant.)

Yes, I'm still good for a dozen.
I was just giving you applause: +1!

Yes, I'm still good for a dozen.
I was just giving you applause: +1!
Pleased to hear it!

My original is finally on a slow boat to China (more accurately hongkong). Scrapped the original suppliers and trying another. So it continues.

Cameron

Power Inflator and Elbow Upgrade

I used to have a Watergill (or was it SeaPro) AT-Pac with a unique power inflator. The low pressure hose ran inside the corrugated hose. There was a standard BC quick disconnect fitting at the corrugated hose's elbow. Unfortunately, there was a slight design flaw that caused a leak where the metal male fitting attached to the elbow.
@Akimbo has a picture of a more robust model with a metal, rather than plastic, elbow here:
View attachment 458971
Having the fitting on the top of the elbow or a swivel or both would greatly improve the durability. One could go a step further with a high flow fitting and attach an optional inflator/regulator at the end.

I still have that lp/corrugated hose inflator setup somewhere to fool myself into thinking someday......

Hi, Just joined and came across your post. I am the owner of 2 At-Pac retractable version (1980). As I recently being recertified and tried those bulky 'new technology BCD', I want to explore ways to rejuvenate my old At-Pac. I investigate and found probable bladder replacement with either OMS or DiveRite. Don't want to rehearse on the past, but At-Pac inflator system was so ergonomic compared to those k-valve and associated model that dominate the market today . The part I am mostly interested in would be the inflator system and more specifically the top and bottom part of the inflator. Mine are plastic one but still working. I would be looking at replacing those with the metal one. Any idea where to get those or get them machine at a competitive price ? Thanks in advance.

some info here -
Replacement Bladder for Water Gill At-Pac - Vintage Double Hose

Also - and this is a stretch - a shop owner in Phoenix used to have replacements available about 7-8 years ago. Their training rentals were At-Pac's

That shop closed but here's his new shop - he's Paul Wagenseller - the owner.

Although now they're a SP Platinum Reseller so he may not have any more .Home | Scuba Professionals of Arizona | 9299 W Olive Ave #816 Peoria, AZ 85345

I sold mine to a guy in Irvine CA who was refurbishing them in his garage some years ago. I no longer have his contact info - sorry

I kind of miss it. I had the jacket with the velcro so to don it all you did was sit in it and close the jacket.

Back
Top Bottom