Marbella, Spain - for maybe one dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are doing a tour of Spain, Portugal and Morocco in May. We will have an afternoon/evening in Marbella (from what I can tell) that we might be available for a single dive. We'd have to rent all of our gear. Can anyone speak to how good the diving is there, and if there are any recommended dive shops? I'd like to have some info before I start trying to drill down answers from the tour operation. Thanks!

I'll be in Malaga in May, but it never occurred to me to try diving there. I can't imagine the quality of diving is worth my time when I could be gazing at the sea enjoying tapas and vino. :)

I just heard from our travel agent and it looks like we won't be there long enough to arrange anything. Oh well. It was worth a try. I was willing to gear up and jump in just to add it to my log book - good dive or not. Guess this means I'll have to go back to Europe to add a dive someday. So many goals and so little time!!!

Yes, go back to Europe ... and then take a budget airline flight to Egypt or, maybe, Croatia. Spain? Not for me, I think.

I'll be in Malaga in May, but it never occurred to me to try diving there. I can't imagine the quality of diving is worth my time when I could be gazing at the sea enjoying tapas and vino. :)

L...

I dove with Simon Bell out of Torrimolinis...

We dove the WWII wrecks off the Atlantic side of the Rock of Gibraltar...fabulous day...

The one very negative post Simon got on Trip Adviser is BS...Simon's a good guy...would dive with him anytime...anywhere...

Plus if you're renting gear from him as my partner did...his rental fleet is either new...or as new...

Best...

Warren

Thanks, Warren. I did a little Googling, and it seems if one is a wreck fan, there are indeed some interesting sites off the Costa del Sol and Gibraltar. If I were there often, I would give it a go.

There are more interesting places for diving on this area if you drive at least one hour east (Granada Coast, Almeria Coast) or another hour to the west (Tarifa). This last spot is great, but be aware of the strong currents on the Strait of Gibraltar.

I have worked for three years in the Marbella area. Is not the best diving in the world, but there a couple of interesting places. The best ones are actually a bit far away from marbella: La herradura, Gibraltar, Tarifa...
If you go to Marbella, I would also recommend Simply Diving (Simon Bell), apart from the torremolinos base they have another one in the Marbella Leisure Port.

Maybe for next time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom