March-Cal trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My wife and I are from Colorado, going to So. Cal the second week of march. We are thinking about Catalina for 2 nights, 3 days, maybe tues(8th), wed(9th), thurs(10th). I dive and my wife doesn't. I was thinking about 1 or 2 days boat diving, then the rest from the shore. I grew up in Long Beach, but, never made it to Catalina, except one time on a day boat fishing. We haven't been back to cal for 10 years, looking forward to seeing family, sights, and getting some diving in. Any suggestions, or anyone want to do some dives?

Would enjoy showing you the area but it looks like I will be in Florida while you are here. Check out the thread that kelpmermaid mentioned since it has a lot of good info about diving here.

Dr. Bill

I've made the Catalina thread that Kelpmermaid mentioned "sticky", so it now appears at the top of the forum.

I think more could be added to make it the consumate place to gather info on Catalina, but it should prove very helpful "as is".

I hope that making it sticky will remind people to add to it. Someday, I hope we can put all of that info into a new sticky thread making it easier to read, once all of the new info has been gathered and categorized.

Christian

Thanks for the info in the sticky. Wow! Answered all the questions I had and some. Dr. Bill, maybe we could get together next time around. We are thinking about returning to So Cal, permanently in the future. Hate being landlocked! And we both really miss the west coast. Thanks again, and dive safe, Rick

Back
Top Bottom