Marelux housing for Sony A7R III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anthony77

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi everyone, I've recently got a hold of a Sony A7R III and is looking for a housing for it.

I've been using Olympus OM-D EM-5 Mark II in a Seafrogs housing for 4 years or so without any major issues, apart from the common ones as when the buttons stop working/not able to push at depth of around 35 meters. The housing was OK, nothing fancy, you get what you pay for. Considering the upgrade of the camera, i'd like to go for better ergonomics on a new housing so I am not considering the SeaFrogs housing for the Sony A7R III.

Obviously, i'd like to go for the Nauticam, but apparently the housings for A7R III are out of production and are very hard to get one (I am in Europe).

So after reading the forum and the internet in general, i found the Marelux housings to looks exactly what i'd need, however i struggle to find any reviews on it, except for the paid/promotional ones or where the housing has been actually sent for review by Marelux.

Some say they can be compared to Nauticam - and i do admit they look somewhat similar to them. It would be great to hear some real world opinions from fellow underwater photographers on how good are they?

What surprises me a bit, is that it does not seem possible to actually buy a Marelux housing from their official website. When you add the item to cart, it does not allow you to select any country to actually proceed with purchase. Has anyone had any experience with ordering from them directly? On top of that, there little to no information on the warranty on their website as well.. which looks a bit suspicious to me..

I know it's a relatively new player on the housings market, but has anyone been actually using them? Might not be exactly for Sony A7R III, just the Marelux housings in general? Are they OK? Are they reliable?

Thank you

I don't know Marelux, but I can suggest two other housings you might consider. I have used the Sea and Sea housing for the A7R3 for several years and have been very happy with it, and my buddy shoots a Nikon in an Ikelite housing. Both housings have held up well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom